Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default first experince with a CCer

one night back when i was 18, i was bouncing at a local drinking establishment. being this place was already shady and only had a 200 head limit, we didn't wand anyone when they came in. one night not unlike any other when you are working the floor, trouble started. over what, is none of my concern. two gentleman decided they were going to get into an altercation on the dance floor. well, just as i spun the guy who threw the first punch around, the guy he hit, reached behind him and drew an ugly glock. almost shitting my pants i threw the guy i was holding on to, in to the guy who pulled the gun as they both stumbled back, i charged the both of them. punching the guy with the firearm right in the face. hard. i instantly shattered his nose and knocked him out and took the gun. when i unloaded it, i found out he had a round in the chamber. when i seen that round fly out of the breech, my legs turned to mush. i had to sit down and evaluate some life decisions. the owner showed up finally, and took the two guys that were fighting into his office. then sent me home for the week. i'm not sure what exactly happened to the guys... i know he didn't call the cops on them. but, i never seen them come in after that.
    well after that i decided i was never going to be put in that situation again, and bought my first "carry piece" a used 12ga. pump the boss let me keep in the kitchen. then three years later i sauntered into sheriffs office to get my permit to cc.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: first experince with a CCer

Quote Originally Posted by breaker View Post
    one night back when i was 18, i was bouncing at a local drinking establishment. being this place was already shady and only had a 200 head limit, we didn't wand anyone when they came in. one night not unlike any other when you are working the floor, trouble started. over what, is none of my concern. two gentleman decided they were going to get into an altercation on the dance floor. well, just as i spun the guy who threw the first punch around, the guy he hit, reached behind him and drew an ugly glock. almost shitting my pants i threw the guy i was holding on to, in to the guy who pulled the gun as they both stumbled back, i charged the both of them. punching the guy with the firearm right in the face. hard. i instantly shattered his nose and knocked him out and took the gun. when i unloaded it, i found out he had a round in the chamber. when i seen that round fly out of the breech, my legs turned to mush. i had to sit down and evaluate some life decisions. the owner showed up finally, and took the two guys that were fighting into his office. then sent me home for the week. i'm not sure what exactly happened to the guys... i know he didn't call the cops on them. but, i never seen them come in after that.
    well after that i decided i was never going to be put in that situation again, and bought my first "carry piece" a used 12ga. pump the boss let me keep in the kitchen. then three years later i sauntered into sheriffs office to get my permit to cc.
    So in other words your idea to defuse the situation was to attack both men, one of whom already had a firearm drawn?

You're lucky nobody got shot, if I say what else I'm thinking I'll likely be banned.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    So in other words your idea to defuse the situation was to attack both men, one of whom already had a firearm drawn?

You're lucky nobody got shot, if I say what else I'm thinking I'll likely be banned.
    my "idea" worked for the overall safety of the club. when someone pulls a gun it's usually to use it. i am not "lucky" nobody got shot. i stopped a shooting from happening. if it were outside of the club i would have let them kill each other.
    Last edited by breaker; October 8th, 2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: "someone" is one word

(Allegheny County)

What if he had pulled the trigger when you threw the other guy into him and some innocent bystander had been hit?

You got lucky.

(Bucks County)

"I feel a great disturbance in the Internet, as if millions of English teachers suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Lehigh County)

my "idea" worked for the overall safety of the club. when someone pulls a gun it's usually to use it. i am not "lucky" nobody got shot. i stopped a shooting from happening. if it were outside of the club i would have let them kill each other.
    You are definitely lucky, I'm betting a bunch of people got swept by the firearm as you fought for control of it. According to your own account of events, you witnessed a clear assault, and then proceeded to attack both the person who committed that assault, and the apparent victim.

Edit to add: The person hadn't pulled a firearm on you, he pulled it on the guy that just tried to knock his lights out, yet you felt it would be a good idea to attack him. You had a knee-jerk reaction to a situation that needed to be deescalated, not escalated.
    Last edited by IronSight; October 8th, 2010 at 04:19 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by eddyb74 View Post
    What if he had pulled the trigger when you threw the other guy into him and some innocent bystander had been hit?

You got lucky.
    ....or, what if i didn't do anything, and he shot the guy, and me, and and innocent bystander or five? i did exactly what i need to be done. what if you were me, and your life was in danger? reason with him? no you would shoot him... i didn't have a gun.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    You are definitely lucky, I'm betting a bunch of people got swept by the firearm as you fought for control of it. According to your own account of events, you witnessed a clear assault, and then proceeded to attack both the person who committed that assault, and the apparent victim.

Edit to add: The person hadn't pulled a firearm on you, he pulled it on the guy that just tried to knock his lights out, yet you felt it would be a good idea to attack him. You had a knee-jerk reaction to a situation that needed to be deescalated, not escalated.

anyone who pulls a gun for a fist fight is a pussy anyway. especially when the guy is being held by a bouncer and facing the other direction. the threat was gone. he had no need to even pull it.

(Lehigh County)

....or, what if i didn't do anything, and he shot the guy, and me, and and innocent bystander or five? i did exactly what i need to be done. what if you were me, and your life was in danger? reason with him? no you would shoot him... i didn't have a gun.
    Right, because a person who carries for self-defense suddenly turns into a raging madman when attacked.

(Lehigh County)

anyone who pulls a gun for a fist fight is a pussy anyway. especially when the guy is being held by a bouncer and facing the other direction. the threat was gone. he had no need to even pull it.
    You're living in fantasy-land if you think that an unarmed attacker can't seriously harm or kill someone.

You said (emphasis added): "just as i spun the guy who threw the first punch around, the guy he hit, reached behind him and drew an ugly glock. almost shitting my pants i threw the guy i was holding on to, in to the guy who pulled the gun as they both stumbled back, i charged the both of them"

This implies that the guy drew at the same time you began to spin the other person around, and that you reacted the split-second you noticed the gun. You essentially didn't even give him time to react before tossing his assailant at him. I'd put my money on the fact that he would have holstered his firearm once you took control of the other person. The majority of people who carry for self-defense aren't going to want to shoot if the situation comes under control. The fact that the owner had a conversation with both of them later, and didn't get the police involved, just goes to show that neither guy was a raging madman wanting to shoot up your club.

I'm going to stick by my opinion on this: you got lucky

Edit to add:

I knew I recognized your forum name from this thread. Now this post, when compared to what you're saying in this thread, really provides some perspective. Emphasis added to point out something you mentioned on the boards before.

from what he said they asked him for cash. not demanded it. i don't think the op need to act exactly the way he did. he almost pulled his gun for a thought crime. if they hit him it would be a different story. but big guys are threatening, they walk and talk threatening, why? not because of anything they do. but, because they are PERCEIVED as such. maybe he was going help him with his bags. then he sees the OP freak, throw a soda, and go for a gun. i would have ran away too. perspective.

the fact that he had three other guys with him means little as well. you had no clue if those three other guys even knew what or if the "leader" was going to do anything.

were they wearing gang colors? did they have weapons? could you have ran back to the store for help? what if OPs display didn't scare them off? the news could read like this "crazed gunman guns down four unarmed youth" perspective.
    Last edited by IronSight; October 8th, 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast