Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default promise land state park

Ill be up around promiseland state park in a few weeks and wondered if anyone knew of any public or pay rifle ranges in the area

Default Re: promise land state park

Quote Originally Posted by Reds82 View Post
    Ill be up around promiseland state park in a few weeks and wondered if anyone knew of any public or pay rifle ranges in the area
    Take 390 towards lake Wallenpaupack. When you get to the lake, turn right. Take that to the traffic light at the beer distributor. Turn right again.
    Then go about a mile or so and the state game lands range is on your left. The driveway is long. Rifle range is on the left out to 100 yards. Pistol is on the right out to 50 yards. 3 shot rule in a rifle and 6 in a pistol is in effect. Watch out for the city slickers from NY and NJ!

Sorry I cant be better on the direction I know how to get a round there I just dont know the names of the roads. From Promise land the ride to the range is about a 1/2 hr. .
    Last edited by Daycrawler; October 7th, 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: correction

(Pike County)

The range is on Route 6 at SGL183. It is centered on this map:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=41....hawley%2C%20pa

If you get to Rte. 402 (Lake Wallenpaupack Cafe on the corner) you passed it!

--RobW

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Take 390 towards lake Wallenpaupack. When you get to the lake, turn right. Take that to the traffic light at the beer distributor. Turn right again.
    Then go about a mile or so and the state game lands range is on your left. The driveway is long. Rifle range is on the left out to 100 yards. Pistol is on the right out to 50 yards. 3 shot rule in a rifle and 6 in a pistol is in effect. Watch out for the city slickers from NY and NJ!

Sorry I cant be better on the direction I know how to get a round there I just dont know the names of the roads. From Promise land the ride to the range is about a 1/2 hr. .

Just so you know, RT 390 (coming from Barrett Township) is closed until further notice 5 miles above the traffic light at 447. So if that's the way you normally go plan a different route.

They have a major FUBAR bridge from that last rain storm.

(Monroe County)

^ this

which royally screws me because im right down the road from that bridge and the detour is a pain in the ass to get around on, to get to my parents house which is up by the SGL near the Lake.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Lehigh County)

Ok so if I cut off 611 past the casion and and hit 940 to 390 will I avoid the bridge? Also is the road the range on Kimbels rd?

(Monroe County)

Because of where the bridge is on Rt 390 there's no easy way together to Promised Land Park from the south. You'll have to take 196 or 191 or 447 north to I-84. The head east to Rt 390 to head south the Promised Land. or stay on 84 east to the exit for 209 North to Route 6 to get to the range.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Pike County)

Close, but not quite accurate. Route 209 is about 15 miles out of the way ;->

If you are at Promised Land SP and you don't want to take 390N, head East on I-84 to Exit 30 (Rte. 402) and head North to Rte. 6 (where 402 ends, you can't screw it up). Go left, range will be on your right. This route is more or less the same driving distance as staying on 390.

--RobW

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    Because of where the bridge is on Rt 390 there's no easy way together to Promised Land Park from the south. You'll have to take 196 or 191 or 447 north to I-84. The head east to Rt 390 to head south the Promised Land. or stay on 84 east to the exit for 209 North to Route 6 to get to the range.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    Yeah, I just saw the sign that says it's open up to Skytop.

So if you go up 191 when you get into Newfoundland make a right at the light (rt. 447) then make your first left and then first right. This will take you above the bridge on 390 yet South of Promise Land. This is a marked detour so you really shouldn't have trouble seeing it.

(Lehigh County)

Thank you for the info everyone