Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: I just shot my first IDPA match!

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    A suggestion if I may,

Go to the next match with the goal of all shots in the 0 down zone, don't even worry about speed. After that work on improving your speed a little each match, while keeping the points down to a minimum.

Yes, I know that your score won't be at the top, but with practice, you will improve and climb up the ladder (if that is your goal?).

Otto
    That's my goal right there! I will also use my Glock 34 instead of my Glock 19, because it forces me to acquire a better sight picture before I start blasting away. I was practicing today with two targets side by side, practicing tactical sequence (I think that's what it's called) with one shot in each before follow up second shots.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    When you get back to Pa. you may want to check out the IDPA at West Shore Sportsmen (Lewisberry). Sights is the sub-club that runs the IDPA matches at West Shore, nice people. They also have a regular Thurs. night practice there that is very useful for newer shooters. Matches are the first Sun of every month.
    Lewisberry is practically my backyard. Any idea of contact info? Would they put up with a total novice? I would love to get into it, but need someone to help me.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Lewisberry is practically my backyard. Any idea of contact info? Would they put up with a total novice? I would love to get into it, but need someone to help me.
    Here's a website you should add to your favorites list:

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/

in the match results list you will find a link for Sights Practical Shooters that will take you to thier match scores list and a link for upcoming events. Though I believe they have finished thier matches for this year.

But, look around the site and you might find others reasonably nearby.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    rwb1500;
    Check out the web site; http://www.sightspracticalshooter.com/about.php.

Then what you will want to do is what I did, go to the Thurs practices. One of their members, Hersh Gooden pretty much "runs" them and he is a really good teacher, low key great sense of humor, etc. Just drop in and Thurs evening and say you want to learn all about IDPA and Sights. They practice every Thurs and by next season (it is just ended until March) you will be more than ready. One thing is that if you are carrying you need to unload beore entering the club grounds as they run a cold range.

Best of luck, hope to see you there. If you have other questions you can PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12