(Adams County)

Default Appalachian Promotions Carlisle Expo Center

Saturday 9am to 4pm
    Sunday 9am to 3pm
    Admission is $7.00 for anyone 12 and up
    Parking is Free

(York County)

Default Re: Appalachian Promotions Carlisle Expo Center

Wasn't a bad show. Certainly no "farm show complex" gun show, but not a bad variety at all. I was thinking of buying a raven that I found but went with some throwing knives instead. (I collect older pocket pistols)

Over all, I'd score it a 7. Good variety but not big enough to get a higher score.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Adams County)

how does the show in Gettysburg at the AllStar complex compare to this one in Carlisle ?
    " they all fall to the hardball "

(Cumberland County)

i have been to this show in the past,and i can say that the show this weekend was the worst i have ever seen,as far as vendors,and # of people.

(Perry County)

This show is about at critical mass to implode. There literally were no bullets, a vendor had powder and primers, but not bullets. How can one have a gun show without bullets? Did manage to buy a knife and got a pretty nice stock for a AR.

Too bad as this is a very convenient show and no cost to park, but....

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

So this show is convenient, and no cost to park, and there were primers and powder but no bullets for sale. But you could get a knife there? What kind of show is that???

IMHO, this show, along with Mason-Dixon Auto Auction show and McConnelsburg and a whole host of other SMALL shows are the dilution fo the gunshow business by "promoters" who have no affection for anything about the gun business, the gun culture, or the gun community except a desire to skim off as much profit from as many sources as possible.

They are going to keep at it as long as there is a dollar to be made on it. They are, in fact, diluting the entire "scene" in their individual quest for a little profit, and in so doing, are stifling the interest of the people who would otherwise be GOOD customers at GOOD gunshows.

I'm tired of going a few miles for a "gun show" that has beanie-babies and jerky, and candles, BUT NO BULLETS. And at $7 or $8 for admission, even though I do not have to pay for parking, and it still is not a real GUN SHOW, I'm beginning to burn out.

If it is going to be a second-rate show, at least have the decency to halve the admission price, whydontcha?

Even Harrisburg, stuffed back in the little cow-barn, with poor lighting and slop-sloshed floors, and $8 for parking along with $8 admission is getting to be a loss to me.

I just hope the York Fairgrounds show continues as it has been (minus the parking-lot drama, of course). To me, that one IS wqorth the 65 miles and $$$ admission.

{Rant mode = OFF}

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Schuylkill County)

Does anyone know the name or contact info the the vendor that was up against the windows with the long tables when you walk in?? Thanks in advance

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    So this show is convenient, and no cost to park, and there were primers and powder but no bullets for sale. But you could get a knife there? What kind of show is that???

IMHO, this show, along with Mason-Dixon Auto Auction show and McConnelsburg and a whole host of other SMALL shows are the dilution fo the gunshow business by "promoters" who have no affection for anything about the gun business, the gun culture, or the gun community except a desire to skim off as much profit from as many sources as possible.
    So there were no bullets at all? Not a single round? I know that's wrong. As for the small shows. Don't blame it only on promoters, but dealers as well. They get it in their heads that small shows don't give them any profit. Doing that small show helps your exposure and you never know what you'll get on a given weekend. Not every show can be a York Fairgrounds.