Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Caracal pistols. From the hots sands of Middle East

to the green forests of France.

Just received my new toys, large quantity of ammo to be delivered within days.Stay tuned for the results of the test.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Caracal pistols. From the hots sands of Middle East

lol thats like a knock off combination of every popular semi auto pistol in the US.

how much does it weigh?

(Luzerne County)

What cal. is that?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Franklin County)

The Caracal pistol is a series of semi-automatic pistols manufactured by Caracal International L.L.C.[1] a subsidiary of Tawazun Holding from the United Arab Emirates. Newly arrived on a competitive market, the Caracal pistol series are the first pistols made in the United Arab Emirates.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caracal_pistol
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

Feeling better with them once I performed fine tuning.

Why did I need tuning?

I did have some serious reliabilty problems with a F and a C, Failure to feed, Failure to fire, erratic ejection and slide stop was locking before magazines were empty. 18 incidents with the 155 first rounds using NATO ammo, FN mfg then I switched to Sellier & Bellot, CBC (MagTech) and MFS commercial ammo and I had less problem.
    I identified the causes, I took 3 more F pistols to the range, I had a competition during the weekend. I took the risk using one of them for Vitesse Militaire event ( Service pistol CISM Rapid Fire )
    I did not finish last, sure I did not finish first but I had fun during the competition.
    These pistols have a lot of potential but some things have to be ironed out.
    I like them, just not love at first sight ;-)
    Sights are one of those things that are not up to the accuracy of the barrel,
    these pistols deserve better than that when using them for more than defensive use at short distance..

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...l/IMG_5354.jpg

Some people make fun of me when she is shooting with such tactical protective equipment (Bollé goggles resisting to high speed grenade fragments)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...SMGColt635.jpg

just because I do not want to see my loved ones with damaged eyes or hearing.
    Thanks to my Rodenstock specialty tempered glasses.
    It cost an arm but it worths the cost when using a milling machine or having spent case coming straight to the eye like today.
    I should have stopped firing when I received the second case in a row on the forehead.
    I knew the ejection was quite erratic but that one had a less erratic ejection than the others.
    I think the serie I received may be one of the first batches.
    it bears Merkel USA, Trussville, Alabama engraved inside.
    My overall opinion is good about them and so is the feeling of those who used them today, I got some orders.
    but with such a price tag here, it is better not to give a chance to the competition to tarnish the reputation of a product.
    They did that already before these pistols reached our shores.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...l/IMG_5364.jpg

First magazine (18 rounds), 9mm NATO ammo, FN Mfg, Rapid Fire, 25 m, isoceles stance. Caracal F , SN BM 300.
    Yes, I know! There's one miss on top right.That was the only one of the day, one too much.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...severBM300.jpg

I shot a lot, I had a sore thumb from presssing the slide release (Ok, slide stop)
    The C has seen now 500 rounds through it and had only 2 failures for the last 100 rounds (locked slide when not empty and unlocked slide with empty mag)
    I finished with 147 grains ammo and had no problem unlike the first time I had to deal with jams.

For the 3 F pistols, I did use Wilson Combat Ultimate lube as well and I had"only" 6 failures through 750 rounds, none for the last 80 rounds through each of them except erratic ejection that finally broke my glasses after hitting twice my forehead and much more my white shirt ( Note to self, when you are not shooting your favorite 10mm that has a tuned ejector, do not wear anything white)
    Looks like they needed all a break in.
    I am still less satisfied than with my P 99 or my Steyr M9 for the time being.
    Most dissatisfaction comes from the rear sight not up to the accuracy of the pistol.

As of October, 20th, the Caracal F serial number BM 303 has seen more than 1300 rounds through it and the Caracal C serial number CC 0040 more than 600 rounds and they now perform flawlessly with the ammo that gave them hiccup. Friends will lend me ammo made by various manufacturers in order to know about reliability with brands I do not stock nor sell.

The latest shooting sessions in IPDA/IPSC mode produced some groups on targets that show the accuracy of the barrel, this pistol really deserves better sights.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Some people make fun of me when she is shooting with such tactical protective equipment (Bollé goggles resisting to high speed grenade fragments)
    I would too. Years ago, I tested a set of Wiley-X Higher Ground shooting glasses by taping the lens to a target holder and shooting it with high velocity .22s from a distance of 10 feet. They stopped the bullets. There's protection and then there's overkill.

Looks like you never received a jacket and part of the core of a bullet hitting something like a stop plate, a bobber or a pepper popper.
    I did. Still have the scar on the leg. Saw a range officer hit by a .45 bullet "returned" by a metal plate @ 25 meters.

Make this test. Shoot a pistol at a metal target over a pond and see what's hitting water in front of the target..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast