Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Look what followed me home...

I bagged school the other day and decided to go gun shopping, I picked up a stray

+

=

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Look what followed me home...

If you're going to cut class, that's as good a reason as any.

Your post reminded me of a comment one of my professors made thirty five years ago:

"A college student is the only consumer that tries to get as little as they can for their money."

That really struck a nerve at the time, but he was right.
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

(Venango County)

Thumbs up Re: Look what followed me home...

+1 For a good reason to cut class.

I did the same just this past week. Hope that stray has fun in it's new home!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by sksmith75 View Post
    If you're going to cut class, that's as good a reason as any.

Your post reminded me of a comment one of my professors made thirty five years ago:

"A college student is the only consumer that tries to get as little as they can for their money."

That really struck a nerve at the time, but he was right.
    You are correct but I have found from the past 5 weeks of classes that post secondary education is one of the highest forms of horse shit that one can subscribe to. I knew I was going to have a lot of liberal professors but hot damn, HACC is like a left wing, liberal re-education camp.

(Northampton County)

Sweet gun, congrats. What holster is that?

(Venango County)

At least you are intelligent enough to realize it. Some of our contemporaries drink it like tap water. Such a shame.

I know this is a little OT, but...on that, I'm not sure if some already came that way due to their secondary school (and prior) "grooming". The world would be a better place if people weren't brought up being force fed some things from the start and allowed to decide for themselves what to believe.

My case in point: History. Since when does history have a damn opinion injected into it?! I thought it was supposed to be purely objective.

Quote Originally Posted by jm84 View Post
    At least you are intelligent enough to realize it. Some of our contemporaries drink it like tap water. Such a shame.

I know this is a little OT, but...on that, I'm not sure if some already came that way due to their secondary school (and prior) "grooming". The world would be a better place if people weren't brought up being force fed some things from the start and allowed to decide for themselves what to believe.

My case in point: History. Since when does history have a damn opinion injected into it?! I thought it was supposed to be purely objective.
    Well you would be wrong on that point. History is a culmination of events but how those events came into being can and usually are very subjective. Winston Churchill explains it the best, “History is written by the victors.”

The victors paint themselves under the vail of the virtuous and all righteous. It happens alot and if you have ever taken a history class there is plenty of opinion inserted into every nook and cranny. Just saying

(Venango County)

Well stated. I had forgotten that quote from Churchill. I suppose that quote also would explain part of where I was coming from in my OT, in a way.

I guess what I was trying to state was this: when a history book tries to tell it's reader the author's opinion about what is the best or worst of some thing or event, it is merely opinion, and not so much objective history. Though, there is this to be said too: in any history book, there is going to be a certain amount of opinion as you pointed out. It would take a fair amount of effort and time to find the actual reason or truth of an event in question (if in fact it can be found) since anything a person writes bears the mark of his or her own thoughts and interpretations.

I was merely pointing out, or very weakly trying to, that people need to conduct research on some things for themselves instead of accepting information from the first, or only one, source - if possible. That is, of course, if they deem it necessary to do so.

This isn't so much a counter to your post, but more of an elaboration and revision. I thank you for pointing out my mistake.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by WSM View Post
    You are correct but I have found from the past 5 weeks of classes that post secondary education is one of the highest forms of horse shit that one can subscribe to. I knew I was going to have a lot of liberal professors but hot damn, HACC is like a left wing, liberal re-education camp.
    When (or if) I retire, one of my planned activities is to enroll in liberal professors' classes and torment the hell out of them. What are they going to do, fail me? Have at it.

Should be great sport.
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by aferr1973 View Post
    Sweet gun, congrats. What holster is that?
    That is a Desantis mini slide thumb break. I'm fat and wear my pants kind of low so I wanted an OWB. I also wanted a retention strap so this turned out to be the only holster to fit the bill. I'll give a full range report on the gun and the holster when I get around to shooting it .

http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis...minislide.html
    Last edited by WSM; October 3rd, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast