Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mid-Atlantic Gun Show Pike County!

The Mid-Atlantic Gun Show will be held January 19 & 20 at The Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing in Matamoras, Pennsylvania 18336-2056. You can contact the hotel at: Phone: 570-491-2400, Fax: 570-491-2422. Check in: 3PM, Check out: 11AM
    From Mid-Atlantic's Website:
    January 19 & 20 Matamoras, Pa. 140 tables Hunt's Best Western Inn, (internet map) - 120 Rt. 6 & 209 18336. Junction of I-84 exit 53, Rt 6 & 209. Easy access from all of the Poconos & eastern Pa., southern New York, northern New Jersey, and the Hudson valley. The premier show of the Tri-State area. Always great quality guns at this show. The Inn has a fine restaurant & excellent seafood buffet, plan a mid-winter getaway weekend here.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Mid-Atlantic Gun Show Pike County!

If you go to this show, stay somewhere else! I'm sure it will be a nice show, and I am going to go to it. The area is awesomely beautiful and some of the last rugged wilderness in the Poconos is literally up the hill from Matamoras, PA. But the location of the show, the Best Western Hunt Valley is a real, honest to goodness DUMP. Check them out on TripAdvisor.com Anyway, the show should be really cool. See you there.

Here's a follow-up link to the registration form:
    http://www.maacpsse.com/images/msjan08.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ursavus.elemensis View Post
    If you go to this show, stay somewhere else! I'm sure it will be a nice show, and I am going to go to it. The area is awesomely beautiful and some of the last rugged wilderness in the Poconos is literally up the hill from Matamoras, PA. But the location of the show, the Best Western Hunt Valley is a real, honest to goodness DUMP. Check them out on TripAdvisor.com Anyway, the show should be really cool. See you there.
    You are so correct about the area and the hotel! Here are two of my area favorites:
    http://www.theinnatlackawaxen.com/
    http://www.roeblinginn.com/

(Lancaster County)

Any forum members going to this show this coming weekend?

(Lackawanna County)

I'll be there on Saturday. I'm hoping to find a nice pre-lock M640 of M649.

I'm only about an hour away from this one so luckily I won't need to stay in an area hotel/motel.

(Pike County)

A few of us are meeting at Perkins (1/4 mile west of exit 53 on R.t 6) at 8AM Saturday for breakfast before the show.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Lackawanna County)

I was disappointed with this show. There were very few handguns and even less revolvers. There was one dealer with some very nice S&W and Colt revolvers but he thinks he has Gold. He wanted $459 for a Nickel M36 and over $500 for a M19-4 snub. Don't get me wrong, they were beautiful revolvers but I think the prices were too high. (but I can be wrong and usually am...)

Also, they put the tables so close together you really couldn't enjoy the show. It was VERY tight...

I wonder how many of the members on this board I bumped into today and didn't even know it... (and I mean really bumped into!! LOL)

(Wayne County)

Ya I give this show a 4.5 out of 10. Extremely TIGHT the 2nd room was like a daggone sauna. I kept bumping into people left and right. Took me almost 3.5 hours to get through it all. Handgun selection sucked. Prices sucked as well. I can honestly say I didn't buy anything gun related. Oh well..let the countdown to the Harrisburg show begin.

Sorry I didn't make it to Perkins in time. I was looking forward to meeting some of you.

(Pike County)

I agree with ArchAngelCD and SFMarine, nice for looking but not so good for buying. The handgun prices were way too high and ammo wasn’t very competitive either. Nice selection of NFA and C&R, again too pricey. But, the jerky was priced just right.

SF, sorry we missed you, we left Perkins around 9:20 and left the show around 12:30.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast