Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Bodyguard 380 Finally Fixed

Third times the charm ! Had to send my BG 380 back to Smith and Wesson 3 times for a non-functioning laser switch and on the third try, they finally got it right ! Very disappointed in the quality of their repair work - 3 times on a brand new, unfired gun, with a note in box each time with exact problem ( right switch was very stiff first few times I tried it, then stopped working all together ). Each time they sent it back to me, with no explanation ( apparently, S&W does not provide any info. in box, you have to call them ) I called and was told it was fixed each time - when it was not. This time, it is obviously an all new laser or at least both switches, it is perfect. Can finally get to the range. But, not sure if I will get another S&W based on this experience ????

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Bodyguard 380 Finally Fixed

Welcome to the wonderful world of what seems to be the new trend for S&W, crappy service on their hit and miss products.
    A co-worker had to send back a S&W Custom Shop 629 due to the front sight falling out of it's dovetail.
    Many other S&W owners are also seeming to have problems lately as well if internet chatter is any indication.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your new Smith, but honestly, that is the reason I stay away from brand new guns (and just about everything else brand new and untested like cars, electronics, ect..), too many bugs.
    Just think of the LCP...

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Bodyguard 380 Finally Fixed

Come Come now Guys, we all know they were made by Taurus, they only say Smith & Wesson on them, We all know Smith & wessons dont break ever. Blasphemers!

Nyman