Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Nebraska approves right to carry

pulled from NRA-ILA alert;

NEBRASKA APPROVES "SHALL-ISSUE" RIGHT-TO-CARRY;
    GOVERNOR HEINEMAN PLEDGES SIGNATURE

On March 30, the Nebraska legislature gave final approval to a measure granting law-abiding Nebraska citizens the right to carry a firearm for personal protection. Legislative Bill 454 now heads to Governor Dave Heineman's (R) desk, where he is expected to sign it into law. Last week, legislators in Kansas overrode Governor Sebelius' veto of the Right-to-Carry measure in that state.

"NRA has worked patiently and diligently with the state legislature for more than a decade to bring Right-to-Carry to Nebraska, and I want to thank Governor Heineman and the bill's chief sponsor, Senator Jeanne Combs (R-32-Milligan), for their steadfast support. Their involvement was instrumental in the passage of this pro-Second Amendment legislation for all law-abiding citizens in their great state," NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox declared.

LB 454 met with overwhelming, bi-partisan support as Nebraska senators voted 33-12 in favor of the measure. The bill allows law-abiding Nebraskans who undergo a background check to apply for a permit to carry a concealed firearm for self-protection.

When the Nebraska legislation becomes law, Wisconsin and Illinois will be the only states to categorically deny citizens the Right-to-Carry a concealed firearm for personal protection!

"On behalf of all NRA members in Nebraska, I want to thank all the legislators who voted for LB 454," concluded Cox. "And as always, we appreciate the commitment and participation of our members in Nebraska for encouraging their legislators to pass Right-to-Carry."
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Philadelphia County)

We have been gaining A LOT of momentum legislatively in the past few years. I sincerely hope this pace keeps up and sweeps across the few remaining states and eventually into DC where they can pass something at the national level to make CCWs like driver's licenses.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Didn't Kansas just pass a CCW bill a little bit ago? I also think Michigan approved class 3 firearm sales. Approving the class 3 stuff sounds like an impossible fight because liberals would be all over making full automatics legal nevermind having to go through a 6 month approval dance. I guess these are good signs that parts of the country are becoming alittle more gun friendly though I would expect the midwest and plains states to be gun friendly.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown
    I also think Michigan approved class 3 firearm sales.
    Michigan was a C&R only state for macineguns because their state law said you needed a "license" to own non-C&R machineguns. A guy named Mike Sessa (Bust Off @ subguns) took the initiative and worked hard to get the Michigan Attorney General to issue a ruling that the federal form for all intents and purposes was the "license" the state law referred to. So with the stroke of a pen Michigan was no longer a C&R-only state.

That is the result of good, hard, but polite & professional lobbying.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking