Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Glenolden Police confiscate gun and FL permit

A student that I trained informed me that the Glenolden Police department in Delaware County have confiscated his firearm and VALID Florida Permit during a routine traffic stop. He has a property receipt but the PD is refusing to return his firearm and FL permit. They have reported that they will not return his property until they check with Delco Sheriff to see if he had applied for a PA LTCF; (would he have been granted an LTCF). What does his elligability for a PA LTCF have to do with it? He has a valid permit that PA is to recognize. This shit has to sooner or later STOP! I am so tired of hearing horor stories about peoples rights being blatently violated. Individual has only applied to FL. He has never sought a PA LTCF ye. What recourse does he have? The sergeant and chief of police refuse to meet with him.

gbrown221
    NRA Instructor, CRSO
    Utah CFP Instructor
    info@team-life.org

(Berks County)

Default Re: Glenolden Police confiscate gun and FL permit

If the police were correct, then what would HB2536 be needed for?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    What recourse does he have?
    Besides the obvious (to get a lawyer)? I'd also suggest making it public with any local media agency who's willing to listen. Start with the Philadelphia Inquirer reporter who broke the story of the Philadelphians who had their firearms and Florida CWLs confiscated without any due process or reasonable articulable suspicion.

It's truly frightening that law enforcement agencies are now enforcing proposed laws, if, in fact, the details you've provided are accurate.

(Franklin County)

Your freind needs to retain a good greedy attorny and sue the county,state,and local police department. I had just read the code and laws in regards to transpotation of conceled wepons, and as long as Pa. reconizes Fla. CWP he has not broken any law. Once he is settled in Pa. he is to apply for a non-resident permit. Check this out, I could be wrong. If I'm not mistaken I saw it on this site. And if you look close, Pa. is a right to carry state. You can openly carry in this state other than in the city of Philly. Don't allow the police to change the laws just because they have a badge. They are to inforce the law, not make it up as they please.

You realize it costs money to retain a lawyer everytime someone with some authority takes it upon themselve to do as they like to another person. Not everyone can readily afford lawyers rates today.......

Is this becomming a concerted effort by LE in PA to get Fla. permits banned ?
    I hope not.............seems like these are New Jersey tactics at work.......

Look Out PA................

(Clinton County)

I would contact the State Attorney General's Office and let them know what happened.

(Schuylkill County)

Yes it does take money but that is something that needs to be done as that is the only recourse to issues like this... plain and simple..

(Allegheny County)

My Utah CFP instructor told our class that it is a violation of federal law for PA police to confiscate an out of state carry permit. Can any lawyer-types chime in?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    You realize it costs money to retain a lawyer everytime someone with some authority takes it upon themselve to do as they like to another person. Not everyone can readily afford lawyers rates today.......

Is this becomming a concerted effort by LE in PA to get Fla. permits banned ?
    I hope not.............seems like these are New Jersey tactics at work.......

Look Out PA................
    That's why we have fund raisers.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    Besides the obvious (to get a lawyer)? I'd also suggest making it public with any local media agency who's willing to listen. Start with the Philadelphia Inquirer reporter who broke the story of the Philadelphians who had their firearms and Florida CWLs confiscated without any due process or reasonable articulable suspicion.

It's truly frightening that law enforcement agencies are now enforcing proposed laws, if, in fact, the details you've provided are accurate.
    the details are accurate as I visited the PD on second trip with him personally those of you who know me personally will also vouch for my character and reputation.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast