Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Good LEO experience!

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a quick story about an encounter with a LEO I had this evening. Most (not all) of the LEO stories I read tend to be negative; this was pretty positive so I guess this is balancing things out.

I was driving home on County Line Rd. this evening in Warrington Township when my car decided that after 16 years and 97,000 miles, going uphill on a busy two-lane road at six o'clock was an appropriate time to die. I had enough momentum to get off on the side of the road, but not quite all the way - part of my tail was sticking out into NB traffic. So I called 911, explained what happened, and they dispatched an officer. When he arrived, he asked for my license for his records, and as I was pulling it out he spotted my LTCF peeking out. He asked if I had my weapon with me; I didn't, because I still haven't worked up the nerve to ask my new employer (in Southampton) what their policy is. He said that was fine - he was an NRA member, supported 2A rights, just had to ask because you never know and he had some bad experiences with idiots in Philly, so he was just being cautious. I was a little hesitant at where the discussion would go, but it turned out to be unnecessary. We chatted for a while waiting for the tow truck to arrive, even talked shop about what guns Warrington is using and the ins and outs of carrying between different states! Fun way (for me, at least) to pass the 45 minutes it took for the truck to arrive.

After living in SC for 10 years my first reaction is still to volunteer my LCTF when providing identification - that was required down there any time a LEO asked for any sort of identification, period. God help you if they found out about your CCP from a background check rather than you volunteering the information. I'm still torn about whether or not to do it in Bucks County - seems like a pretty staunch pro-2A place. But I've only been here two months.

(York County)

Default Re: Good LEO experience!

I wonder how the encounter would have gone if you had been carrying?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

Might be nice to send the Chief a note. If you are so inclined:

Chief James Miller
    Warrington Police Department
    852 Easton Road
    Warrington, Pa 18976

Put the date and time on your letter and they can determine who the officer was in case you didn't get a name.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I wonder how the encounter would have gone if you had been carrying?
    ^^^EXACTLY what I was thinking. I bet if you had been carrying you would have been "disarmed for his safety" while he "ran the numbers" due to his experiences with "idiots in Philly"

(Delaware County)

Whats the point of asking you? Did he frisk you? Search the car? Why would he feel safer since anyone can lie.

Have a feeling if you said Yes, this thread would be very different

Or maybe (if I were the officer who were dispatched) he was just making conversation because he has been dispatched to calls like that before where it has taken an awkward 45 minutes for a tow truck to arrive and he was looking for a common ground to strike up a conversation to make the time go a little faster. I mean, what do I know though?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Northampton County)

First thing I would do is relocate my LTCF in my wallet, I am not sure but I do believe some from this community has had negative encounters with LE from that area, I do agree your post would have been different if you were carrying a firearm. The title to this thread might have been I NEED A LAWYER