Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Tobyhanna Range Closed For Repairs Until 10/1

I hope this isn't old news, I just found out today. A search of the forum didn't turn up anything.

The range closed for "repairs" on 9/16 for 2 weeks. Supposed to re-open 10/1 as far as I can tell. So don't waste your time going out there until at least Friday.

Can't figure out exactly what they are "fixing" but all the wood has been removed from the pistol target mounts and there's a new passageway dug out between the 2 sections of the range (pistol/rifle) but no apparent work going on unless they're reinforcing the backs of the berms. The were 2 dump trucks, a small bulldozer and a large steam roller parked there but no workers.

Hard to believe the place hasn't even been open a year (has it?) and it's already closed for repairs!

In any case, I figured it would be a peaceful day there with the rainy weather and being a weekday...so much for that!
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna Range Closed For Repairs Until 10/1

JOE....i was just there today,SAT. morning the 2nd and it's still closed,there are still 3 or 4 machines in there.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna Range Closed For Repairs INDEFINITELY

Closed indefinitely. All the signs have been altered to remove the 9/30 date. No new date listed.

Nothing seems to have moved since I was there last Tuesday.

Wait and see I guess.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

aaw, i liked that range. i was about to go up there, too.

ah well, guess i'm gonna have go take the .22 out in the swamp.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Wayne County)

I guess the "Man" doesn't want people to sight their guns in before hunting season ..... They had all summer long to get done whatever it is that their doing and now close the place again before hunting season.... I saw on P.O.L. last week that the game commision board is considering only allowing people with valid hunting liscences be able to use the ranges on G.C. property....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    I guess the "Man" doesn't want people to sight their guns in before hunting season ..... They had all summer long to get done whatever it is that their doing and now close the place again before hunting season.... I saw on P.O.L. last week that the game commision board is considering only allowing people with valid hunting liscences be able to use the ranges on G.C. property....
    GOOOD! Who do I write to in order to get this passed? The ranges cost TONS of money to maintain only for idiots to destroy them, they are on sportsman purchased land, maintained by sportsmen paid money, and policed by sportsmen paid WCO's.

Make them paid and watch how much better the condition gets. No more seeings assholes from NJ using buck shot to see if they can cut the backing in half or watching gangster wanna bees shooting sideways at the wood to see if they can cut it in half...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Hey that works the other way as well...people had all summer to sight in their hunting rifles instead of waiting a month or so before hunting season.

(Wayne County)

Your absolutely right, But a bullet shot from a rifle at 90 degrees and a bullet shot from a rifle at 35 degrees will not do the same thing, That is why this Hunter prefers to re-sight his hunting rifles closer to the actual hunting season...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Hey that works the other way as well...people had all summer to sight in their hunting rifles instead of waiting a month or so before hunting season.
    Thats true kramer! oh wait i sighted my rifle last season so it should still be good! one rough trip in the trunk and your scope could be off.

(Monroe County)

I was up there a few days before the range was closed, it was completely destroyed. Every single target stand was shot clean in half(completely broken) or in shambles, hanging down about to snap. The pistol bench was full of holes (slugs seem to be the favorite), there was trash everywhere. We looked around and even saw someone tried shooting out the cylinder block benches on the rifle range.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast