Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Mikes Pizza in Mount Effort

It sucks now, don't waste your time thinking its like the old Mike's Pizza... undercooked, poorly made, horrible quality... I won't be going back
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Mikes Pizza in Mount Effort

The old Mikes pizza was over rated...unless you like sweat in your pizza dough.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    wait till you try the new stuff... wow talk about disgusting. I actually only ate 2 pieces, didn't touch the crust. I'll give it a try again tommorow after I actually COOK it.

Anyone know if this is still "Mikes" or if he just sold the name off to someone else?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Ah, the Mikes Special?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Anyone know if this is still "Mikes" or if he just sold the name off to someone else?
    It's the same guy. I've been going there since they re-opened, I thought it was pretty good. You may have had a one off pie or something, don't know. I wouldn't condemn it solely on one visit.

I mean all the pizzerias in the area suck ass. I've had a positive experience with Mikes so far.

Vincents is horrible, talk about uncooked pizza. NY Pizza girl, even worse.
    Best pizza in monroe county is Tonys on crystal street.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Pizza is a food group... thank God its not the same everywhere and we can try as many as we can to find our favorite! I was a fan of Mike's before, I thought it was pretty good. Don't know why they relocated, rumor has it the township was giving him grief about parking or something... don't know.

Then I went up to the new location (drove past at least 4 other pizza joints to get there) to pick up the stromboli the wife ordered. I guess she should have specified the family size, but the 'regular' size is rather small. I ordered another so we both could eat and found out that they're $7 a piece!

Sorry Mike, glad to see you're back in business, but I can't justify the drive or the price. On the other hand, we tried Franko's the other night, next to West End Rent-all... we both really enjoyed it. And we talked about going to the range... just to keep it relative to the forum.

(Monroe County)

I never liked Mike's before. The Pizza I had last week was better than the old joint but everything is expensive for what you get. I'll stick with Vincent's even though I have to drive an extra 200 yards to get there. Or better yet Chinese at Happy Family!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningBoy View Post
    I never liked Mike's before. The Pizza I had last week was better than the old joint but everything is expensive for what you get. I'll stick with Vincent's even though I have to drive an extra 200 yards to get there. Or better yet Chinese at Happy Family!!!
    We've been going up to the chinese place(new star) in the MC plaza at the top of the mountain. They make quite a few items better than Happy Family. A few things are better at happy fam than new star though, like the boneless bbq spare rib. It's too sweet at new star.

We did order from Mikes the other day it was pretty bad. That's the first time in about 7 or 8 times I've been there since they opened that I was not satisfied though.

Vincents is an old staple for us local to the area, but they've become really inconsistant since the new owner took over. It seems like every other time we order a pie the cheese is still white and the pizza is under cooked.. Like they rushed to get the pizza out. And let's be honest, it's not like vincents is slammed like it used to be. It's been like this for a long time, way before the new Mikes location opened. So I don't know what the excuse is for that.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

I really only get his cheese steaks. I`ve been to the new Mike`s and his cheese steaks were still good. I like the pizza at either the old mill or pizza girl by fish & pay.
    Heard Jonas Hotel has decent pizza.

(Monroe County)

Franks next to Wally World in Easton or Sal`s next to Country Junction in Wind Gap.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I really only get his cheese steaks. I`ve been to the new Mike`s and his cheese steaks were still good. I like the pizza at either the old mill or pizza girl by fish & pay.
    Heard Jonas Hotel has decent pizza.
    Pizza Girl is another place where the pies are consistantly undercooked. The cheese on a pizza isn't supposed to come out of the oven as white as when it went in...

Oh, and the pizza at the Hotel Jonas is REALLY good. But it's about 22$ for a large pie. Yeah, just one pie..

They do have the pizza on special one day a week, forgot which day. It's almost at a normal price on that day.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast