Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna Range Closed For Repairs Until 10/1

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Its either you are for private gun ownership or you're not, its that simple, . The type of guns is inconsequential.

Nymaxc
    This statement is what it boils down to.

And yes there are irresponsible gun owners that destroy the public ranges with ALL types and calibers of firearms, that's the real issue.

the issue of the shear cost of owning and operating a 50bmg, or the fact that someone lives in a certain geographic region is irrelavant and just personal opinion. Although I have a 50 BMG, I have never shot it at a public range but I have shot it at a private range and I made sure not to destroy anything while I was there. I usually shoot it at the coal pits or up north on private or public accessable property.

Overall, we need fiream owners to be more responsible when they go out to shoot, and to clean up when they make a mess or to help clean up when some other gun slobs make a mess. And to report anyone vandalizing public ranges.

(Pike County)

I do believe in owning any gun privately. That Simple enough for you? Just don't take that cannon that you have to a PUBLIC Range and unleash it on a 50 yard range, destroy the range and walk away! Bring the backboard and replace the one you destroyed so that others may be allowed to shoiot as well

Still do not underestand why I would enjoy shooting a 50cal at a 50 yard target?

Enough on this subject.

(Monroe County)

Are my eyes deceiving me??? What am I reading here? It seems like I am reading "you don't need that kind of gun". No... YOU don't need that fast a car... or that big of house.... a younger wife.... so many kids.

As for me... I will decide what I need based on my tastes and budget. I'm OK with public range restrictions if there is some logic behind the restrictions to benefit the majority of users. Personally, I don't like to deal with range restrictions at all, so I shoot on my own property... please no one tell me I don't need my own property to shoot on.

Note: my post is not intended at anyone specifically. I am just making a general point about how bad things get when people start deciding what other people "don't need".
    Last edited by tsafa; October 19th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.

(Wayne County)

OK. It's now October 19th. What's the status? Open yet? Under construction? No movement?

I'd like to try my younger daughter out on the .223 to see if she can shoot it safely to take her on a mentored hunt for deer this year.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    OK. It's now October 19th. What's the status? Open yet? Under construction? No movement?

I'd like to try my younger daughter out on the .223 to see if she can shoot it safely to take her on a mentored hunt for deer this year.
    I wouldn't dude. if its open you'll never get a bench. its huntin season!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by craighmarshall View Post
    I do believe in owning any gun privately. That Simple enough for you? Just don't take that cannon that you have to a PUBLIC Range and unleash it on a 50 yard range, destroy the range and walk away! Bring the backboard and replace the one you destroyed so that others may be allowed to shoiot as well

Still do not underestand why I would enjoy shooting a 50cal at a 50 yard target?

Enough on this subject.
    I should probably just put you on ignore because you are making no sense, but would like to point out that we have TWO hunting seasons where you use (generally) .50 cal or larger rifles to hunt deer... (Early season muzzle loader and late season flint lock)

and a shotgun slug is like a 73 cal round? Also 100% legal to hunt with in PA and required to hunt with in NJ.

unless I'm missing something that would indicate that a flint lock or a shotgun would leave the same size entrance hole on a 50 yard target backstop as a .50 BMG

and unless they changed it I've never seen a public range that used plywood. all the state ones use that plastic back stop, not wood... but I haven't been to all of them.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Coworker of mine was up there the other day and says it's open now. But it was packed with people. He took 3 shots with his 300 winmag and left.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Monroe County)

The Range is officially reopened
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Wayne County)

Great news. Thank you for the info.
    Matt

(Monroe County)

Got a call that the range has been opened. Gotta get up there soon and see what they did. if anyone can snap some shots and post it would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast