Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Aimpoint Micro T-1 reviews??

Like most, I'm searching for an optic for my AR, and locked in the eternal debate between EOTech and AimPoint. But that's been hammered enough. In my searching though, I continuously come across the AimPoint Micro T-1. I was hoping to get a review from anyone who has one. I've seen Travis Haley of MagPul use it in some of his training videos, so obviously there's strong validity to the T-1.

I guess here's what I'm looking for:
    1. What is your primary use for the site? (home defense, 3-gun, plinking, etc.)
    2. How is the field of view? Is it difficult to line up on target because of it's small size?
    3. Is it's small size a benefit (not regarding weight) in acquiring targets? It almost seems as though you can place the entire site on target and then adjust by actually using the sight.
    4. Is the 4 MOA dot too big? Too small?
    5. Does it co-witness with iron sights? I guess this depends on your mount too...
    6. How does the sight handle on close-up shooting (10-25 yds) vs distance shooting (100-300 yds). Does the sight lend itself to one of the other?

Thanks in advance for any information. I haven't had the opportunity to handle one yet, so I'm just really curious.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Aimpoint Micro T-1 reviews??

I'll be watching the replies to this, as well. I just picked up the T-1 for my carbine, with a Larue mount. I have not had a chance to zero it, or test it in any way.

The Larue mount gives you a 'lower 1/3rd co witness', which seems to be pretty common.

There are mounts available that give you an absolute co witness, but the front sight (esp. with a fixed front sight) takes up a lot of real estate in your view through the optic, if you do that.

Default Re: Aimpoint Micro T-1 reviews??

If you don't need night vision compatibility or the ability to submerge your optic in 80 feet of water, might as well save a few bucks and get the Aimpoint Micro H-1. The H-1 is still submersible to 15 feet, which is more than enough for my purposes.