Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default New to the site help

Awesome site! Was reading around but I figured I would just ask direct questions for help on getting my Ltcf. I'm moving from NYC to gouldsboro. Zip 18424. I believe it's Wayne county. What is the easiest fastest way in getting my ltcf? The best place to go. What's needed. Etc. Just a quick break down for me would be very appreciated. Sorry for the newbie questions. I just want to get everything done as easy and knowledgeable as possible in my new residence. Thank you. Glade to be part of the community!

Default Re: New to the site help

Cool your jets buckeroo...the race hasn't even started yet. First, move! Second, perform the standard changes required by law as it pertains to vehicle registration, drivers license, insurance, and mail being forwarded. Start utilities or change the address on your cell to reflect a new local address and voter registration card.

Upon changing your drivers license and voters registration you should be to apply and receive your LTCF in 45 days or less.

Best of luck and I'm really glad you are many zip codes away from me.

CL

PS: Welcome to the forum

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    Cool your jets buckeroo...the race hasn't even started yet. First, move! Second, perform the standard changes required by law as it pertains to vehicle registration, drivers license, insurance, and mail being forwarded. Start utilities or change the address on your cell to reflect a new local address and voter registration card.

Upon changing your drivers license and voters registration you should be to apply and receive your LTCF in 45 days or less.

Best of luck and I'm really glad you are many zip codes away from me.

CL

PS: Welcome to the forum
    sorry if i came off wrong, i already have my vehicle registration and drivers license as well as insurance in PA, and mail going to my new location as well as everything else, only thing keeping me is work which im done with here on thursday, more so i was just looking for a guideline from someone with the know how of the best way of going about this, I felt as though i was mis-informed prior to someone telling me about this site, there is a lot of topics i spent hours on here enjoying reading all of them, some people told me i have to go to the sheriffs office, some people told me to go to a gun shop. I will search the forums and see if i can come up with more then i have so far. Anyones help is appreciated.

my direction i was looking for help in since i'm not familiar was where to go in my area, what to bring, just some insight to head me in the right direction. thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky88xx View Post
    sorry if i came off wrong, i already have my vehicle registration and drivers license as well as insurance in PA, and mail going to my new location as well as everything else, only thing keeping me is work which im done with here on thursday, more so i was just looking for a guideline from someone with the know how of the best way of going about this, I felt as though i was mis-informed prior to someone telling me about this site, there is a lot of topics i spent hours on here enjoying reading all of them, some people told me i have to go to the sheriffs office, some people told me to go to a gun shop. I will search the forums and see if i can come up with more then i have so far. Anyones help is appreciated.

my direction i was looking for help in since i'm not familiar was where to go in my area, what to bring, just some insight to head me in the right direction. thats all.
    In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, all License To Carry Firearms are applied for and issued at the a County Sheriff's Office. You must apply at the Sheriffs office in which county you reside unless you are out of state resident and applying for an out of state LTCF which you are not.

Voter Reg Card, Drivers License, rental agreement/contract, utility bill showing current address is all you need and some cash.
    You must provide three references. The law does not state where they must reside but some sheriff's take it upon themselves to state they must be in the county. So, be prepared to provide local references....A boss at work, co-worker, and pick anyone.

Just head to the county sheriff's office and ask where do you apply for a license to carry firearms. Fill out the form, check for "PROTECTION" and thats just about it. I highly suggest you get the photo as some states will honor PA LTCF but not one without a photo. Also, if you checked or write anything but reason "Protection" and are of state and that state has reciprocity with PA but your LTCF says "Recreational Shooting" and you're carrying concealed, good luck explaining all that to the fine out of state officer....

anything else Sir?

CL

Also, the Sheriff's office issues Handgun Hunting permts. If you are a hunter and wish to hunt game with a revolver, you must obtain this license for $5.00 but please do not confuse the two because they are two completely different things. I say revolver because no Semi-automatic anything can be used to hunt in PA except in a few exceptions and bear, deer, turkey, fox, coyote etc...ain't none of them. Waterfowl, rabbits, squirrels, grouse, etc...semi-auto shotgun with 3 shot plug.
    Last edited by customloaded; September 28th, 2010 at 04:33 AM.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky88xx View Post

You will need to go to the sheriffs office to apply for your LTCF. You may want to call ahead first and see what they require you to bring though. There isn't really much that is required, but some of the sheriffs are notorious for either over charging, having different restrictions listed, or requiring extra things.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Wayne County)

thank you very much for you quick replies i will let you know how everything goes next week

(Lackawanna County)

You better line up your two local references also! You will need their name address and phone number.

(Pike County)

Cool Re: New to the site help

You have to go to the Honesdale Sheriffs office for your LTCF. When I lived in Wayne County you had to make an appointment to see the sheriff for an interview. So I would call first. It took the full 45 days but they did not check my references. The old sheriff died so I'm not sure how it's done now. Like I said give them a call.