Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default going on 200 rounds of breaking in, my Taurus TCP now shoots flawlessly

it's relatively easy on recoil (relatively being the opimal word). first time i took it out i put 150 through it...

there is a HUGE difference in the gun once it's broken in. the spring has loosened up a bit, and it has zero FTF or FTE's now (it had a few in the first 100 rounds, when using garbage range ammo). i can place an accurate head shot at 20 feet with little effort. all in all, fantastic pocket gun.

and yes, i know there are a ton of folks here who have the opposite opinion. and maybe i'm just lucky, but i wouldn't fool myself when my life might depend on it. i'm still thinking of going to a PM9 for my EDC warm weather gun, but for now i'm happy.

(York County)

Default Re: going on 200 rounds of breaking in, my Taurus TCP now shoots flawlessly

I have almost 400 rds through mine.

I find that some ammo is much nicer to shoot than others.

I fired some Speer Lawman today that was pretty "snappy". The Remington I fired through it today was pretty "snappy" too.

I have some Sellier & Bellot that isn't nearly as harsh. I've also fired some Golden Sabres as well as some Hornady Critical Defense that was much, much nicer to fire.

It has broken in nicely and I am finding it to be much more reliable now than it was when it was brand new.

For me it hits very low, I have to be very careful to line up the sights and aim above where I want to hit.

Default Re: going on 200 rounds of breaking in, my Taurus TCP now shoots flawlessly

Quote Originally Posted by davidb72 View Post
    I have almost 400 rds through mine.

I find that some ammo is much nicer to shoot than others.

I fired some Speer Lawman today that was pretty "snappy". The Remington I fired through it today was pretty "snappy" too.

I have some Sellier & Bellot that isn't nearly as harsh. I've also fired some Golden Sabres as well as some Hornady Critical Defense that was much, much nicer to fire.

It has broken in nicely and I am finding it to be much more reliable now than it was when it was brand new.

For me it hits very low, I have to be very careful to line up the sights and aim above where I want to hit.
    mine hits low too. i really think it has to do with aiming down such a short barrel, using such small sites, and holding on to such a small piece. i have found it's pretty easy to adjust.

i also find that hornady critical defense is good... it's about my favorite ammo to fire through it, and what i carry for edc defesive use.

Thats the thing with the Taurus after breakin if there still working they are excellent shooters after that. They just need to get rid of the "IF". I really like the new designs of the next Generation Taurus 24/7, 700, & 800 series guns. Of course the 92 clones have always been good clones, NOT a Beretta but pretty darn close.