Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Crawford County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Blog] Important Castle Doctrine Vote Monday 9/27!

Great news! Glad to see they didn't allow the BS the anti's tried to throw in to poison it. My rep voted Y BTW...good for her....gonna send her a thank you too.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone , any decent human being would attempt to derail a bill that allows law-abiding folks to defend themselves in this regard. Especially with home invasions on the rise. The current case being illustrated in the media perpetrated by the two evil sadistic murders and child rapists that tortured and destroyed that family in Connecticut should be a reminder to all who voted NO to this IMO.

Unhappy Re: [PAFOA Blog] Important Castle Doctrine Vote Monday 9/27!

Quote Originally Posted by onefunzr2 View Post
    And now it goes to the Senate for their passage. If they do I wonder if Rendell will sign it into law?
    State Sen was at our gun club meeting last nite and says he believes it will pass Senate , but thinks Rendell will probably veto it.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Venango County)

So....Possibly the best way to go, would be for the Senate to sit on it until after the New Governor is seated.
    A few months wait would be well worth it. Rendell is an idiot from the Philly Machine and has never had a reality based thought.
    You know why a banana is like a politician?
    When he first comes in he is green, then he turns yellow and then he's rotten.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpertz View Post
    So....Possibly the best way to go, would be for the Senate to sit on it until after the New Governor is seated.
    A few months wait would be well worth it. Rendell is an idiot from the Philly Machine and has never had a reality based thought.
    I believe we would have to start ALL over in that case.

(Venango County)

XXXII VETO

Passing over Veto
    1. When any bill is not approved by the Governor, he shall return it with his objection to the House in which such bill originated. Thereupon such House shall enter the objections upon their Journal and proceed to reconsider it. If after such reconsideration, two-thirds of all the Members elected to that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent with the objections to the other House by which likewise it hall be reconsidered, and, if approved by two-thirds of all the members elected to that House, it shall become a law. (Const. Art. 4, Sec. 15)
    2. A bill vetoed in a first regular session and not finally acted upon may be brought up for consideration in a second regular session.
    You know why a banana is like a politician?
    When he first comes in he is green, then he turns yellow and then he's rotten.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123