Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Arrow Quick Question On Act235!!!!!

Ok im looking to become officially certified and was wondering if anybody could recommend a Psychological-gist because my job already paid for the physical so im looking for a fairly cheap Psychological-gist in the area. Also where do i get the live scan or the hard copy finger print and what is the difference. and how much am i looking to spend on the finger printing.

Once im done all the steps including taking the class how much am i looking at to spend just a rough estimate. thanks for any info

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Quick Question On Act235!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prince9030 View Post
    Ok im looking to become officially certified and was wondering if anybody could recommend a Psychological-gist because my job already paid for the physical so im looking for a fairly cheap Psychological-gist in the area. Also where do i get the live scan or the hard copy finger print and what is the difference. and how much am i looking to spend on the finger printing.

Once im done all the steps including taking the class how much am i looking at to spend just a rough estimate. thanks for any info
    Cant help about the the Psychologist, but you can get the finger prints done at your nearest PSP barracks.

With the hard copy, they finger print you normally and then the prints have to be mailed out to the PSP. With Live Scan, they do it electronically and get sent out instantly.

Depending on where you go, I found that it's usually around $500-$600 dollars for everything. (if you have to buy your pistol and mags, then it will obviously be more).

When I took mine, they also asked for us to have at least a gun holster and mag holster, if you didnt already have duty gear.

AG

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by prince9030 View Post

I have no idea of one in or anywhere near philly. Usually they charge around $150 for the MMPI. As for the fingerprinting, like what was said above, go to any PSP barracks, or local PD if they have live scan. They shouldn't charge you more than $50 for it. As for gear, im selling alot of stuff so check out my for sale thread.

(Allegheny County)

I believe that Dr. Bruce Eimer is in the Philly area (Huntingdon Valley?)

http://act235testing.com/
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    I believe that Dr. Bruce Eimer is in the Philly area (Huntingdon Valley?)

http://act235testing.com/
    I used Dr. Coleman 610-642-1030 (100 dollars) He is located in Northeast Philadelphia.

I don't know much about Dr. Eimer but he was $200 dollars and only took Cash, Certified checks or Money Order only. That was the reason I chose to go with Dr. Coleman. Too me, a psych exam is a psych exam. I am not sure what you get from Dr. Eimer for 100 dollars more. I got my results from Dr. Coleman in 72 hours.
    Last edited by gbrown221; September 26th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks everybody for the response and do you think I'll be able to get a good job with that and has anybody worked for Dunbar

(Montgomery County)

Hi I'm Dr. Eimer,

I am a licensed clinical psychologist, a PA Certified Lethal Weapons Training Instructor, an NRA Certified LE Firearms Instructor, and I am also Act 235 certified.

I am happy to provide anyone with the Act 235 Psych Examination. I have been doing these for over 20 years.

When you come to my office for the Act 235 Psych Exam, you will take the MMPI test on the computer. We will get the results right after you complete the test. We will then do the psychological interview and fill out the Act 235 Psychological Exam form, AND enter your MMPI test scores.

The whole exam takes about 2 hours. You will walk out of my office with your original copy of your completely filled out Psych exam form, a Priority Mail envelope with my return address and the PSP Lethal Weapons Certification office mailing address on it, and a copy of your Psych report for your records.

So, you get the test scored and your exam report form filled out all within the two hours. No waiting or wondering.

I am here to help you and to answer any questions you may have about the ACT 235 Application process. If I can be of any help you can reach me at my office at: 215-947-7867. Or, by email at: dr.eimer1@comcast.net

My website is: www.Act235Testing.com

Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D., ABPP

Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PA & NJ)
    Certified School Psychologist (PA & NJ)
    Board Certified Diplomate in Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology with the American Board of Professional Psychology
    Fellow & Approved Consultant with the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
    Life Member, American Psychological Association
    NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
    PA Certified Lethal Weapons Training Instructor

P.O. Box 6
    Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
    Tel: 215-947-7867 Fax: 215-947-7860
    Email: dr.eimer1@comcast.net

(Philadelphia County)

Let me follow up to the OP and Dr. Eimer as I do not want my words taken out of context. I had no issues with Dr. Eimer. I found him very professional and quick to answer email and phone calls. I have even had the opportunity to meet him at second ammendment "rallys", etc. First impression was he was that he was a good guy. I had called about 5 psychologists before ultimately choosing Dr. Coleman.

I merely choose to use another qualified individual that mett my budget, payment options, and most important work schedule; but you do get what you pay for. As I stated above, unlike Dr. Eimer's service option, I did have to wait about 3 days for my results and it was a traditional pen and paper exam.

gbrown221
    Utah CFP Instructor
    www.team-life.org
    info@team-life.org