Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Denied Philadelphia Permit because I already have one from Center County?

So I'm originally from Connecticut but I was going to college in Philadelphia for a while. During that time I applied for a PA non-resident carry Permit because I already had my Connecticut Carry Permit. Searching through some of the threads on the forum I deduced that it would be pretty easy to get a non-resident carry permit from Center County, PA. I filled out the paperwork and sent them a copy of my CT permit and voilą they sent me my non-resident permit a few weeks later.

Fast forward a couple years. College is finished and I have established residency in Philadelphia. So i figure I have to get a resident carry permit now that I live in Philadelphia. I went down to the station at Spring Garden & did the whole process. I did mention that I had a non-resident carry permit but they didn't seem to care at all. So today i get a certified letter from the City of Philadelphia PD that says my application to receive a carry permit "has been DISAPPROVED for the following reason(s): Applicant is denied due to good cause. OTHER: ALREADY HAS A PA PERMIT TO CARRY ISSUED FROM CENTER COUNTY.

So I'm a little confused about what to do. I thought it would make complete common sense to reapply for a resident carry permit. Especially since I live in Philadelphia now and my non-resident permit is issued from Center County. My letter says i can appeal the decision. I'm sure it's just a matter of transferring this Center County Permit number to a Philadelphia residential one. Or does it really mater?
    Better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Denied Philadelphia Permit because I already have one from Center County?

You said "fast forward a couple of years"...what is the expiration date on the LTCF from Centre County?

The one from Centre County is good until it expires or is revoked. Try again with Philly when it is time to renew.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Denied Philadelphia Permit because I already have one from Center County?

My Center County Permit expires in Feb. of 2014. Is it legal for me to carry with my center county permit even though I'm a Philadelphia Resident?
    Better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextorg View Post
    My Center County Permit expires in Feb. of 2014. Is it legal for me to carry with my center county permit even though I'm a Philadelphia Resident?
    correctamundo
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

In Philly that's alittle iffy???????????????? TUFF ONE TO CALL!
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Cumberland County)

You're good untill expiration.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Butler County)

License are issued by the county sherrif but it's a state license. Good anywhere in the state until it expires.

(York County)

In addition to what everyone has said here, you could contact the Center County Sheriff's Office and make them aware of the address change.

At least then your records would be accurate and up-to-date should anyone go snooping.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

As others have said I would contact the sheriff to update your address. I could only imagine the field day the Fithadelphia police would try to have (they like to make their own laws).

I'm not sure where centre county is; I just called Carbon County to change the address on my LTCF because I moved to Berks County. I was told I need to come into the office to change my address.

Good luck. Ever think of moving out of Fithadelphia?
    Fraggle09027 is not a lawyer. Any advice is just advice (my own 2 cents) and is not expressed or implied as legal advice.

I'm not aware of any law that requires you to replace the existing permit with a Philly permit.

If you had been a PA resident when you applied in Centre County, then you'd have to apply in your county of residence; but you weren't, so you could apply anywhere.

That hasn't expired or been revoked, so it's still valid But we have a few activist judges who reinterpret the law, and they may have a different view. Just make sure the Centre County Sheriff has your current address.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast