Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Kimber Ultra Carry II... Do I want it?

I've been offered a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a trade and am curious to hear opinions from people who have owned them or own them currently. I'd prefer not to hear the typical reasons why I shouldn't buy a 3 inch 1911.

Anybody have any experience? I felt one out at Gander Mountain today and really liked it.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Kimber Ultra Carry II... Do I want it?

I had one loved it and now sadly miss it since I sold it. I'd get another in a heart beat
    P229- 40 S&W

(Luzerne County)

A Kimber ultra carry is my carry gun. Fits my hand well. Goes boom when I pull the trigger. Recently picked up a full size Kimber to carry.

Would I buy another? I am just waiting for a used one to show up in my favorite shop.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

I'll play the other side, Ive got an Ultra Covert. It looks great, it feels awesome in my hands, its easy to conceal. The one thing it doesnt do is provide enough consistency for a carry gun. It was picky as hell for the first couple hundred rounds (in both ammo and requiring to be dripping wet) and occasionally (1-2 for every 200rnds or so) I get an FTF/FTE. It could be Im limp wristing it but oh well.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
    I'll play the other side, Ive got an Ultra Covert. It looks great, it feels awesome in my hands, its easy to conceal. The one thing it doesnt do is provide enough consistency for a carry gun. It was picky as hell for the first couple hundred rounds (in both ammo and requiring to be dripping wet) and occasionally (1-2 for every 200rnds or so) I get an FTF/FTE. It could be Im limp wristing it but oh well.
    How many rounds do you have through it total? I played with an Ultra Covert as well as an Ultra Carry today and they were both EXTREMELY tight. (Both new guns.) Neither I nor the salesperson could get the slide stop to drop the slide. It makes sense for a new gun, I'm just wondering how much break in it takes.

I'd much rather have a 4 inch or 4.25, but I'm looking at a pretty decent trade for the Ultra Carry. If anyone has a 4 or 4.5 inch 1911 they wanna trade for a S&W 637 and some cash let me know!

(Lancaster County)

Depending on how much cash is involved I would definately make that trade if I were you. Next time you fondle a 1911 drop the mag before hitting the slide stop lever (or use a loaded mag) it will be much easier.

I love my UCII , i carry it every day. Like everyone said it was a little tight the first 200 rounds but the last 500 , I have had no problem. I also have a 3.5" Citadel 1911. The Kimber loaded is lighter than the 3.5" empty by far.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Depending on how much cash is involved I would definately make that trade if I were you. Next time you fondle a 1911 drop the mag before hitting the slide stop lever (or use a loaded mag) it will be much easier.

I'm giving it pretty good consideration. Since I don't think the seller reads much here I'll throw the price out there for yinz opinions. $350 plus a very good condition S&W 637. I think there is a little wiggle room on the cash.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I'm giving it pretty good consideration. Since I don't think the seller reads much here I'll throw the price out there for yinz opinions. $350 plus a very good condition S&W 637. I think there is a little wiggle room on the cash.
    ill trade with him

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    How many rounds do you have through it total? I played with an Ultra Covert as well as an Ultra Carry today and they were both EXTREMELY tight. (Both new guns.) Neither I nor the salesperson could get the slide stop to drop the slide. It makes sense for a new gun, I'm just wondering how much break in it takes.

I'd much rather have a 4 inch or 4.25, but I'm looking at a pretty decent trade for the Ultra Carry. If anyone has a 4 or 4.5 inch 1911 they wanna trade for a S&W 637 and some cash let me know!
    By now probably in the 1300-1500 range. Just guessing as I havent looked at my records in awhile. the common consensus is 500rnds is the break in. I need to get out and shoot it more with a different stance/grip and see if that fixes my problem. If so Im sure it will make its way into my carry line up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast