Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The $1000 Question....

Buy once, cry once.

(York County)

If you really want the LaRue combo just get it directly from them. Also I have heard people talking about Primary Arms optics and how happy they are with them. They sell fake Aimpoints that are supposed to be of decent quality, I have never seen or fondled one so I have no personal experience with them but you can buy an ML3 clone for $70. In the end it's your money do what you want with it, but like said before buy once, cry once.

(Chester County)

Hey, congratulations! Let me know if you need a piper for the wedding. No cost to a supporting member of PAFOA.

First of all, get your bride the rifle she wants and the scope she covets. If she's going to be your back-up, you want to be sure her groups are smaller than yours.

As far as scopes go on a "I'm tying the knot" budget?

Well, there are just so many scopes out there and quite a few that will fit in the budget without skimping on the wedding ring.

While I'm not the expert on this by any means, would it be OK if I just recommended "Osprey 6x24?". It comes in a box with rings and a 4" sun shade. And it's a 30 mm illuminated scope with most of the bells and whistles.

Yeah, unfortunately you have to mount it, sight it in at the 25 yd range, make the appropriate adjustments, then haul it over to the 100 yd range perhaps on another day.

Hey, you guys are getting married and have better things to do than pick up brass on the range...

Prices on this scope vary for sure, and while the scope on "Optics Planet" looks great where price is concerned, I cancelled my order after 5 phone calls about missed delivery dates that took the better part of two months. But I bought the same at a gun show in Oaks, PA for around $130 even though it was listed at a higher price.

Just told him what it was selling for on the 'net and he agreed to meet the price.

Oh, how does this shoot? We got the mil-dot version - how do half-inch five shot groups (floaters included) sound at 100 yds? If we excluded the floaters, they'd be in the 3/8" variety.

I have used scopes that cost 15x more than this and at some dufuss level, I still think there ought to be deals out there where scopes don't have to cost more than the rifles you mount them on.

Sorry for the dangling preposition...

Yeah, we reload our own ammo so if you're on a budget and relatives/distant friends are looking for a link to a gift list, somebody should buy your bride a Dillon 550 press, a few sets of reloading dies for your calibers, and let your wife be the boss of reloading!

For she's going to be the boss of everything else just because that's the way this works. Not to worry, you're going to have an awesome family.

God bless your family and have a great day at the range!

Kindest regards,

-bamboomaster
    - bamboomaster

(Allegheny County)

Aimpoint micro H-1 is about $565 with a mount...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...910&groupid=84
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123