Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: The $1000 Question....

If I were you I'd go for an AAC M4-1000 or YHM stainless Phantom which would cost about the same, and you'd like that a bit better than optics. Your fianceé will enjoy it with a can on it a lot more and so will you.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Awe damn. I never even thought about a silencer. Damn you yellowfin and your good ideas! Damn you!

I think I'll actually wait on the can. I know it'd be useful and fun, but I think I may benefit more from optics first.

(Montgomery County)

godddd if my girlfriend only knew how much i spent on guns... i guess thats why im not engaged/married!
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Lackawanna County)

Sandcut called it...squirrel some of that coin away!

That said, what are you plinking with? Tasco makes a perfectly servicable 3 MOA red-dot that holds zero nicely on anything smooth-firing, for under $30. 11 settings, from a pinhole to a meatball, pretty well visible even in bright daylight. I'd never count on it for anything critical, but it is much better than a toy, especially for that price.

There are some decent scopes out there for cheap; check the dicount boxes at Gander Mountain once in a while; I bought a nice middle of the road scope from them, with a few boogers on the glass, and later scored (from two different sales) two trashed Leupold scopes. Between the two, I ended up with a full set of optics and a nice, bright reticle which ended up in the $100 knocked down to $20 scope's tubes...think cheap, and experiment!

Congratulations and best wishes to the both of you for a long, happy life.

Oh, you need a jug and ten gross of marbles, to. During the first year, every time that you, uh, anyway, each time, put a marble in the jar. After your first anniversary, each time, take one out...Many years from now, after the kids and grandkids, the jug should just about balance out. D
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Hahaha, that's a great idea.

I'm shootin 5.56, so its not like I'm terribly worried about recoil. I just don't like the idea of spending some money on something that's good, but have it break or malfunction in a couple months. Then I'd be out that money.

(Erie County)

No matter what you buy, Once you spend it you are out that money.

Well, yes, of course. The thing was I didn't want to spend the money and have something break within a month. If I spent the money and had a useful product for a while, I'd be ok with it. If it broke after a month, I'd have spent the money and have a heap of trash.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    First off, congratulations. I wish you both a long and happy life together.

With that said, I'm feeling old and paternal tonight. Having started out our married life in the red and not the black, I recommend that you both squirrel away your money for one of those rainy days that have a tendancy to pop up unexpectedly like when you suddenly need to put a down payment on that new car or new transmission or new home heater etc.

Married life is a lot happier when you aren't squabbling over who spent the most money on frivalous expenditures like cute shoes, daily large coffees at Starbucks, etc.

Good luck with it (and sorry for being such a fuddyduddy)

Ditto, sorry man... I understand your thoughts about the gift. I was just pondering to myself, I havent bought any new additions in the last 6 months. but have other things on the table right now.

Play squirrel, stash it away for a better day. Wheres the honeymoon going to be??

Congrats on the upcomming nuptuals..

Snert

(Erie County)

so buy something with a lifetime warranty or spend $150 on a half way decent scope and it will probably serve you for a lifetime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast