Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default glock gen 4 g23 question?????

Will the .40 caliber shoot cheap ammo from walmart fine or does the .40 cal have the same problem with ftf and fte that the 9mm are having? If so what ammo should i be just fine shooting out of it? Soemeone please inform me because i have alot to learn. Thank you
    "No Time For Failure, Make Sure You Trust Your Firearm"

(Northampton County)

Default Re: glock gen 4 g23 question?????

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy250 View Post
    Will the .40 caliber shoot cheap ammo from walmart fine or does the .40 cal have the same problem with ftf and fte that the 9mm are having? If so what ammo should i be just fine shooting out of it? Soemeone please inform me because i have alot to learn. Thank you
    It'll shoot just about anything. As long as you don't use reloads, you won't "void" the warranty. I've been using the WWB stuff from Walmart for years. Works fine. I use it in my Glock19 (9mm) and never have any FTE issues. If you're seeing FTE issues, maybe you're limp-wristing it...

-cd
    Certified Glock Armorer; Member GSSF, NRA

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy250 View Post
    I have a gen 1 g23 and that eats anything. Walmart has some nice .40 ammo at good prices.

(York County)

Ok the reason I was asking is because it seems that im hearing alot about the gen 4 issues only, the gen 3 and other gens will eat anything you give it however the gen 4 was saying you have to shoot certain loads or it will fte and ftf often. I have mine on hold I will be picking it up monday but wanted to ask ahead of time. It seems to be a huge problem with only the 9mm gen 4 but I wasn't sure about if the .40 was doing the same thing.

(York County)

I have heard a few issues with Gen 4 9mm's and light loads. I certainly would not say it is a huge problem. The Gen 4 dual recoil spring was developed for the .40 and as such I haven't seen any problems with the Gen 4 22s & 23s.

(Montgomery County)

You should be fine with your 23. The downside with cheaper ammo is it often tends to be dirtier, making cleaning more of a chore. (Don't scrimp on your defensive carry loads though.)

(Allegheny County)

All the problems I've seen and had personally were with Gen4 G17's and G19's. The Gen4 G22's I've fired ran just fine with 180grn, and 155grn JHP and FMJ loads from various manufacturers. I'd imagine the Gen4 G23 would be fine as well. The Gen4 was really designed to overcome the known shortcomings of the Glock platform when chambered in .40s&w. The new recoil spring assembly was found to be a little too strong in the 9mm though, and Glock has come up with a new spring assembly for those having problems with the Gen4 9mm's.

(York County)

Yeah I have found out that the 9mm were the only ones having this light ammo problem and the .40 would shoot anything. Anyhow its wise to stay away from shooting lead but any fmj would be perfectly fine. Thanks for the imput, i will be shooting mine religously.

Most Glocks will shoot anything factory spec, from my experiences Glocks are not choosey as long as it up to specs it will shoot it.

I think all guns have there favorite rounds and you found that out as a reloader or just by buying the rounds it perfers after you find it.