Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Frickin Lehigh County... How Epically You Fail

First off, let me start with this:

Now, the new-ish pink flyer that is handed out at Sheriff Rossi's office entitled: Supplemental Gun Permit Data is the subject of my agitation.

I present the verbatim transcribed document (it's not available online)

The Sheriff's Office is often asked additional questions about PA Carry Permits, which are being addressed here for your convenience.

1. Is my Lehigh County Firearms Carry Permit good in Philadelphia County? YES, your carry permit for a handgun is good anywhere in Pennsylvania. However, if you are charged with any serious offense in Philadelphia, and you are carrying a firearm, they will take your weapon and permit and you will regret carrying a weapon in their city, even with a lawful permit.

2. Can I legally carry my firearm in a bar, tavern, or bank? YES, Owners of private property may post a notice at the front door, prohibiting a firearm on their premises. The Lehigh Valley Hospital Group has notices posted at their entrances that firearms are prohibited there; and we are aware of some local businesses, bowling alleys, taverns, and banks, too.

3.Can I carry my firearm out in the open in a holster? Your permit is for a concealed weapon; if in a city like Philadelphia or Allentown, you carried it in the open, concerned citizens seeing this would call the police, and you will be stopped and queried. And, who really needs this hassle?

4.What would generally cause a revocation of my permit? (1) When a PFA is issued; (2) when a new arrest utilizing any form of violence, physical assault, terroristic threats and harassment, with or without the use of a weapon, your permit would be revoked. (3) the carry laws state; "an individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to the public safety or himself, shall not carry a concealed weapon." (4) An arrest for possession or use of any form of drugs. (5) Carrying a weapon while under the influence of alcohol, or drugs, which impairs your ability to make a sound judgment. (6) and a misdemeanor or felony arrest for a crime where the penalty would be imprisonment of one year or more

5. *Deals with current reciprocity and lists the States, is presently accurate

6. Possession of Weapons on Public or Private School Property: (PA C.C. 18 s.s 912) You may not carry any kind of firearm, knife, tool, or other dangerous weapon onto any school property. This includes the buildings, athletic fields, buses, concession stands, etc.

7. Possession of Firearms or Other Dangerous Weapons in a Court Facility You may not carry in any court facility which includes Offices of the District Justices, Court Collections, Domestic Relations, local, county, state, or federal courthouses; nor:

8. Jails, prisons, detention facilities of local, county, state, or federal agencies prohibit any firearms; even on their grounds, not merely within their walls. Arrests would be made.

Lastly, Rossi is STILL CHARGING $38 for the "new styled concealed weapons permit"
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Frickin Lehigh County... How Epically You Fail

So he dropped the price after IronSight made it an issue, and now he jacked it back up again?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    So he dropped the price after IronSight made it an issue, and now he jacked it back up again?
    Yes he did. After the solicitor and DA absolved him of any wrong doing he jacked it back up. I made note of this in the main thread about Overcharging for LTCFs.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Yes he did. After the solicitor and DA absolved him of any wrong doing he jacked it back up. I made note of this in the main thread about Overcharging for LTCFs.
    I'll refrain from saying what I was going to say...

"No apparent criminal intent" my ass.

I'll refrain from saying what I was going to say...
    Good call. You'd probably get banned and Sheriff Rossi would put you on his "hit list."

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    Lastly, Rossi is STILL CHARGING $38 for the "new styled concealed weapons permit"
    Wait, is he charging $38 for the "new version", as in the version that the DA stated he would be introducing this fall (and then charging $25 for).

Or, is this just his way of distinguishing his old "card style" licenses from the paper ones that he's currently being forced to offer as an option?

This is important to figure out, because the DA and others are publicly on record stating that the fee would drop when the equipment was upgraded this fall. Lehigh County isn't scheduled to get that upgrade for another month or so, so unless it came early then nothing's changed.

It may just be confusion over how he's wording it right now, which we shouldn't fret about. If the price isn't down when the equipment upgrade comes I'll be making a big stink out of this once again, and I'll have even more ammo in the fight (by that time I should have the RTK response from the PSP too).

Oh, and here's a scanned copy of that supplemental; I started a thread awhile back on it, but deleted the file previously to save space; I'll put it back online here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by IronSight; September 23rd, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

(Berks County)

IronSight for Lehigh County Sheriff!

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Wait, is he charging $38 for the "new version", as in the version that the DA stated he would be introducing this fall (and then charging $25 for).

Or, is this just his way of distinguishing his old "card style" licenses from the paper ones that he's currently being forced to offer as an option?
    I believe the OP is referring to the regular card style license (the one I have) and not the new upgraded system. I was at the courthouse fairly recently and my friend just got his license a few weeks ago and it's the same DL size license he has been issuing for years.

I'd vote for him!

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the endorsement, but it's not exactly a job I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    I believe the OP is referring to the regular card style license (the one I have) and not the new upgraded system. I was at the courthouse fairly recently and my friend just got his license a few weeks ago and it's the same DL size license he has been issuing for years.
    That's what I was thinking too, which doesn't surprise me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast