Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Lancaster area MWAG call.

So tonight I had my scanner on. one police officer observed "A male, with a gun tucked into his back. walking around" The officer tried to go after him, lost him. county CLEARED the channel. Two or three other officers responded along with a few city officers, sirens in the background. they stop the guy and ID Him county says he has a current LTCF.

Isn't that pretty shitty. It was on from the start of the call to the end too and if I was that guy...I'd be PISSED off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Lancaster area MWAG call.

He had a gun, obviously he was looking to shoot someone.

I think a lot of cops start drooling when they hear these calls... Maybe they'll get yo shoot someone and be a hero.

Dangerous

The reality is that Open Carry does bring a higher chance of being at the wrong end of a mwag call...just the way it is...just sayin'. Since he had his LTCF, he could have concealed. Open carry is the choice for some...but is not my choice. I have no interest in being the subject of a mwag call.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    So tonight I had my scanner on. one police officer observed "A male, with a gun tucked into his back. walking around" The officer tried to go after him, lost him. county CLEARED the channel. Two or three other officers responded along with a few city officers, sirens in the background. they stop the guy and ID Him county says he has a current LTCF.

Isn't that pretty shitty. It was on from the start of the call to the end too and if I was that guy...I'd be PISSED off.
    Is there any way for you to record the transmissions? You seem to overhear a lot of good stuff

(Bucks County)

If your gonna open carry, why the heck would you be carrying with your gun "tucked into your back?" Obviously you should be allowed to carry any way you want, but that seems to be a mode of carry that will just draw unwanted attention. Maybe a good OWB holster would have been a better option.

Or, perhaps the guy was carrying IWB small of back, and his shirt just accidently rode up over his firearm. That is probably a likely scenerio.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Is there any way for you to record the transmissions? You seem to overhear a lot of good stuff
    If I had the scanner I've wanted for awhile yeah you can record. However I have a portable one, and was in the car. You can't record from the one I have.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    If I had the scanner I've wanted for awhile yeah you can record. However I have a portable one, and was in the car. You can't record from the one I have.
    Does it have any sort of headphone jack or side connector? With the right adapters you could probably hook it up to a voice recorder that has a microphone input.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    Does it have any sort of headphone jack or side connector? With the right adapters you could probably hook it up to a voice recorder that has a microphone input.
    It does have a headphone jack, I also don't have a voice recorder lol. Should get one though.

(York County)

If he had called the police on himself earlier he wouldn't have this problem:

"Hi, I'd like to report a man with a gun walking around. It's me. I'm going to the store for a sandwich, I'll be standing outside of the store drinking a coke in 20 minutes ,you can frisk me there. Thanks, bye."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post

Or, perhaps the guy was carrying IWB small of back, and his shirt just accidently rode up over his firearm. That is probably a likely scenerio.

Or perhaps IWB with a tucked in shirt? When i wear a polo shirt i always tuck them in...with IWB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast