Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default P232 or PPK or Bersa or...

So i have a bad itch lately for a 232. I would like the "original" Walther but have heard many bad things. Is that just post S&W ? Should I look for an older one ? Guy at the range had one (P232, George , you know who you are) and I thought it was a real beauty. Any thoughts, likes/dislikes, reliability, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys/gals
    Last edited by brownman; September 22nd, 2010 at 11:05 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return

Default Re: P232 or PPK

I'd take the 232 over the PPK. The 232 is very snappy for a .380, but other than that there isn't much negative said about them.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    I'd take the 232 over the PPK. The 232 is very snappy for a .380, but other than that there isn't much negative said about them.
    Well, I have an LCP so, the whole snap, harsh on your hand thing isnt a factor. I would like something else besides it to fire .380 out of is my thing. Damn multiple caliber crap, you get one then you need 3 more

Tell me about it.
    .22lr
    .32acp
    .357mag/38
    9mm
    10mm
    .45acp
    5.56 nato
    7.62 nato
    .338 Lapua

Its a handful keeping the pets fed, not that I keep all of these calibers in stock mind you.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Philadelphia County)

A very timely question.

I've always wanted a PPK but was in no hurry. I researched and stalked and kicked tires... and then got a 232. I absolutely love it. Classic Sig quality, excellent fit and finish and it's a sex machine. Some people suffer slide bite but I haven't had that problem. So far I have no negative comments about the gun.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: P232 or PPK or Bersa or...

They are 3 great guns i own all 3 in fact i own 5 .380's take a look at them at http://img193.imageshack.us/i/picture019jv.jpg/

BTW the Walther is not the "original" of the SIG, the Sig is a different design, i like them all as you can see i have 5 of them and will probably add more.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    BTW the Walther is not the "original" of the SIG, the Sig is a different design, i like them all as you can see i have 5 of them and will probably add more.

Thanks for the replies. What makes the sig dif. ? Looking for more in depth responses rather than " I have this one , I like that one". What kind of action, how reliable have they been for you, ammo like/dislikes, fit/finish, you know , all the good stuff, . I guess what I was getting at in the title was "PPK STYLE" guns,

(Monroe County)

Brownman, the SIG is built like a fine Swiss watch never take one apart unless you know what you are doing, leave the innards alone unless you are going to put in a wolf spring in it to make the trigger pull lighter like i did.
    My Sig doesnt like fmj ammo and would jam on them but it feeds every type of hollowpoint, iit shoots the speer gold dot 95 grn ammo the most accurate so that is what i use in it.

The Sig is taken down like a regular pistol only the slide is removed backwards unlike the Walther which is taken down by disconnecting the trigger guard.
    The Sig 232 is the only SIG that is still made in Germany, SIG doesnt trust anybody else to make it, its that intricate.

The walther is a fine pistol with a tight chamber that requires a breaking in period of atleast 150 rounds before it should be carried, mine prefer Winchester silvertips.

My Bersa eats anything you feed , never jams, is accurate points well and is just a dandy pistol, the takedown is more like a sig the slide must be pulled to the back then up then forward.
    Mine is carried with winchester silvertips. Very accurate gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Thanks for the replies. What makes the sig dif. ? Looking for more in depth responses rather than " I have this one , I like that one". What kind of action, how reliable have they been for you, ammo like/dislikes, fit/finish, you know , all the good stuff, . I guess what I was getting at in the title was "PPK STYLE" guns,
    I owned a Sig P232 up until a month ago (had to pay bills) and it would eat any ammo i put through it. it was the all stainless model and i could shoot it all day long without any problems. i put close to 2500 rounds (i know, thats not alot, but i'm not made of money) through it and never had one failure.

the gun is hand fitted and runs like a top, it is accurate and reliable. I carried it for about two years as a B.U.G. or as my standard (when i would wear a suit). it is easy to conceal and the shroudded hammer makes a nice option if you need to fire from inside a coat pocket.

main spring was a little stiff at first, but after 100 rounds it was broken in.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

I had a S&W Walther PPK/S and absolutely loved it. It was sexy, reliable, and one of the most accurate handguns I've ever owned. It was picky about some ammo. CCI Blazer to be exact and I know someone else who had problems with Hersters, though that didn't say much since my LCP also hates Hersters.

Anyway, I sold it because the gun was neither here nor there for my use, just like a P232. It's too heavy to pocket or ankle, too large for deep concealment, too expensive for plinking, and too small a caliber for such a size. I ended up rarely ever touch the gun so I sold it and bought an LCP.

Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast