Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Considering a Colt Defender 45 ACP....

The 9mm vs. 45 debate rages on endlessly, but the consensus seems to be that with today's bullet and load technology, you can achieve more than acceptable stopping power. Look at it this way, a large number of police forces carry 9mm. The US military standard issued sidearm is 9mm. If people who put their lives on the line daily carry 9mm, you and me shouldn't have too much qualm about that. Moreover, we can purchase the best ammo like Super P+P Triple Punch Super Duper X-Plus Delta Force Holo-piercing stuff. It's all in your head my friend

Al

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Considering a Colt Defender 45 ACP....

i was also looking at one of these for a first gun, debating between a kimber and colt, i ended up with a hk usp compact lol.

i really like the look of the colt defender, its super light and now that they make them in 9mm i might consider one for a carry gun.

i just dont know about the reliability. i cant find a gun that small with a safety that i trust. my dads 3 inch kimber in .45 hasnt been 100 percent reliable, and sometimes it throws shells into your face, which is a notorious problem for the defender.

if recoil is a factor you should go for the 9mm, then tell me what you think of it, the best part of the gun is that its aluminum, light and wont rust, good for edc.

the thing i dont like about the gun is it has a plastic trigger, and i would switch out those grips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12