Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Pepper Spray opinions...

I've decided to get my girlfiend pepper spray, the only thing I have yet to decide on is what kind.
    I'm leaning towards Kimber Guardian Angel 2(http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=344219).
    I've heard nothing but good things and some of the videos make it look impressive, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Any opinions at all would great.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Pepper Spray opinions...

Nothing but Sabre Red for me.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Philadelphia County)

I like Fox Labs. It has a reputation for being reliable and very hot...the only downside is that the cylinder is a bit bulky. OC buried at the bottom of a purse will be of no use. The model you suggest is flatter and will conceal better for on-body carry.

(Berks County)

Any brand is better than nothing at all. You might want to consider a few: one for carry, another for the car, and some for the house. There are also some brands that have colored cases that she might like as well.

(Allegheny County)

I have the 4oz version of this in the car:
    Pepper Shot

They actually sent me two for the price one because they took 2 weeks to ship the item. Good deal in my book.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I like Fox Labs. It has a reputation for being reliable and very hot...the only downside is that the cylinder is a bit bulky. OC buried at the bottom of a purse will be of no use. The model you suggest is flatter and will conceal better for on-body carry.
    We have several Fox Labs 2 oz cannisters positioned on each floor of the house and 3/4 oz pocket cannisters for on bodycarry. (And for use in the Peoples Republik of New Jersey)

Quote Originally Posted by swack View Post
    I've decided to get my girlfiend pepper spray, the only thing I have yet to decide on is what kind.
    I'm leaning towards Kimber Guardian Angel 2(http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=344219).
    I've heard nothing but good things and some of the videos make it look impressive, but I'm still open to suggestions.

Any opinions at all would great.
    op, you did your research well. only argument against guardian angel is price. it's an impressive unit. i don't own it, though my dad has a few (he lives in a repressive state where cc is a b*tch). i want to avoid any debates with plaintiff's attorney or DA about whether i should have reached for the pepper spray first.

(Cambria County)

I got Fox Labs for the important people in my life that refuse to carry a gun.

The Kimber GA looks pretty good, but I have some reservations.

The biggest issue I have is that it is a one shot deal. (or is it two? either way...) If Murphy shows up and the first, and maybe second shot, fails, the defender is shit out of luck.

Second is the technology. How much reliability testing has the product really seen? I trust an 'old school' spray the same way I trust a Glock... Well, almost.

Third, is the instruction book says not to use the product against someone that is closer than, IIRC, three feet. If that spray knocks out the BG's eyeball you will likely have to pay for it, and eyeballs are very expensive.

Fourth, the quality of the spray. I've been sprayed with stuff that can easily be fought through. I would want to be confident that I had the nastiest possible stuff I could get my hands on. The Kimber stuff might be nasty enough, but I don't know.

Like I said, I don't know how good the Kimber is, and I don't want to sound like I am trashing it because it could be a superior technology, but I have some serious reservations.

(Luzerne County)

I actually have some experience with MACE products being a dealer for some of their other products and I would recommend either the MACE Pepper Gel; their Triple Action Formula which is part OC Pepper Spray, Tear Gas and UV Dye; or the Pepper Foam.

All come in various sizes and dispensing methods for different applications. I don't sell their defensive sprays only because they are so cheap online it doesn't pay for me to bother.

Good Luck!

+1 for Sabre Red

I grew up on the old First Defense stuff. Now, its SR for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast