Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of a Sig

Default Cost of a Sig

Hey everybody, looking for a little help with the current value of a Sig P228. I'm looking at picking up a used one, and was wondering what the going price for them is these days. Any help would be appreciated! I'm looking to find one that is in good condition, but I don't mind holster wear and other cosmetic 'blemishes' from normal use, so I'm thinking a police trade-in might be a good bet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Default Re: Cost of a Sig

A new P229 runs around $750ish. Maybe knock $150-200 off of that & you'll be in the ballpark.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Philadelphia County)

You should be able to find some decent 228s for $500-ish.
    Dan's Ammo has some refinished 228s with new night sights for $529. I haven't seen any of these but Dan's is a very reputable dealer. You can also check out the classifieds section over at sigforum.

(Bucks County)

A good condition German made SIG 228 will fetch better than normal prices for a used gun.

The SIG 228, as I've said before, may well be the best mass-produced "compact" combat semi auto 9mm ever produced.

The trigger on them is outstanding, it's well balanced, not too big, not too small. It shoots beautifully.

I'm not quite familiar with the Swiss police surplus, but I really doubt they were fired all that much. They are probably in good condition with just cosmetic issues.

I bought a used one years ago for about $625, very low round count and in good shape. I thought it was a good deal.

I'd highly recommend German made 228's.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    A good condition German made SIG 228 will fetch better than normal prices for a used gun.

The SIG 228, as I've said before, may well be the best mass-produced "compact" combat semi auto 9mm ever produced.

The trigger on them is outstanding, it's well balanced, not too big, not too small. It shoots beautifully.

I'm not quite familiar with the Swiss police surplus, but I really doubt they were fired all that much. They are probably in good condition with just cosmetic issues.

I bought a used one years ago for about $625, very low round count and in good shape. I thought it was a good deal.

I'd highly recommend German made 228's.
    i recently purchased a Zurich Police trade in and it was shot a lot, i had to send it back to Sig for the Full Service Package because it would fail to extract a spent case out of the chamber.

Sig said they replaced the extractor, but first round i fired it failed to extract. back to Sig it went.

got it back last week and now it runs like a champ.

from what i read about the Zurich Police Trade ins is that the Zurich Police Shot them and shot them a lot. plan on getting the Sig FSP if you buy one.

I'm happy with mine, it shoots Great and has a great trigger. expect to pay about $550 for the Sig and another 79.95 for the FSP (Full Service plan)
    Last edited by renegadephoenix; September 20th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

I bought a Zurich Police 228 for a little under $500. It was a mid-grade and looked like the pic below. A lot of holster wear but hadn't been shot too much. Took it to the range a few times to function test and it ran like a Sig. Then I sent it off to CCR for refinish so it looks as good as it shoots.

Photoshooter, wow. That is a beautiful pistol...Already giving me ideas for the guns I don't have yet haha. How is the finish holding up from CCR? I'm a big fan of what you had done. Do you also have the SRT? Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

There are quite a few LEO trade in P228's floating around. I've seen them sell in the $425.00 - $500.00 range depending on the Vendor and condition.

There was a Vendor at the Valley Forge gun show this past weekend with a few on his table for $425.00.

Be vigilant and also check Gun Broker. You'll find the right one.

Photoshooter's P228 Zurich is a really work of art.
    CCR does some incredible work and their finishes hold up well. I've got well over 7000 rounds through a P226 that they finished a couple of years ago. The finish still looks great and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Good luck with your search!

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks Ref, I'm becoming a really big CCR fanboy

TCW- I haven't shot the gun a whole lot since getting it refinished. I've had it out 6 or 7 times but I can't honestly say I beat it up too much. I don't intend for it to become a range queen, just haven't had as much quality shooting time lately.

That being said the finish seems very durable to me. I run my Sigs wet so I don't expect any unreasonable slide wear.

This one got a Sig short trigger but I didn't get the SRT yet. I may add it later but it's a great shooter so it's not a priority.

(Warren County)

I just picked up a police trade-in P229 in 40 cal from Express Police Supply for $395.99, included 3 mags and the police holster. Shipping was like $23..... finish is a little worn but the gun is in great shape otherwise...... They have a decent selection too.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TWC View Post
    Hey everybody, looking for a little help with the current value of a Sig P228. I'm looking at picking up a used one, and was wondering what the going price for them is these days. Any help would be appreciated! I'm looking to find one that is in good condition, but I don't mind holster wear and other cosmetic 'blemishes' from normal use, so I'm thinking a police trade-in might be a good bet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast