Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Outdoor ranges near Phoenixville?

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    oh ok. not to try and sell u on kimberton, but despite how to involved it may sound, you dont have to attend meetings or be involved in any way other than paying yearly dues. I have been a member there from 1999-2001 and then again from 2008- current and i never attended one meeting or anything. I just pay my dues when it comes in the mail and shoot.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I recall KFG, the closest you can shoot a handgun is 25 yards, except for a one position combat range where one is restricted to cast bullets.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I recall KFG, the closest you can shoot a handgun is 25 yards, except for a one position combat range where one is restricted to cast bullets.
    Is this true? That's not gonna work for me.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    Email them & ask. The people who run the show there are nice people

(Chester County)

Any other ranges in the area or not TOO far away? I am going to miss having Classic Pistol so close to home.

(Delaware County)

I was a member of Kimberton F&G for 25 years some years back. I visited the range 2 years ago and what I posted was still the case. The only exception to that policy is that if no one else is present on the 25yd/50yd pistol range, one can go to the 50 yard embankment, set up a target and shoot at any intermediate range that is desired. As one poster indicated, during the week there is a strong possibility that no one will be present at the pistol range and one could shoot at close distances without having to worry about the cast bullet only policy that is found at the so called combat range.

(Chester County)

Any other leads to go on? I'm in Pottstown, and trying to find an outdoor range for use as well. Membership is not an issue, although I'll admit some places are a little too rich for my blood. I work a lot so I don't get to go very often but am trying to make more of an effort to make time to do it. My biggest issue is I work 2nd shift, so I can't attend any meetings. If anyone knows of a club where they all meet at midnight, count me in! But I jest...obviously that's a challenge for me in finding a club to join and I believe the intentions are good in having sponsor members, keeping folks involved, etc. It sounds like fun to me, but at this time in my life, isn't an option.

I moved here about a year ago from further up in the Lehigh Valley and used to belong to Palmerton for a handful of years before the drive became too much, and I miss that simple range. I'm just looking to find a place that's flexible, etc. That Penn Dutch club in New Holland sounded cool, but is a bit of a drive. I'll keep it available as an option but trying to keep it within about a 30 min ride each way.

Any other suggestions are welcome, as I'm still not really sure what all is around here nor the proximity of other towns from one another as I primarily go from here to KOP to work and back. I've touched on a few, but it seems some are either cost prohibitive, or are too restrictive on application processes, etc. I'd be willing to contact a few to see if they'd bend if someone could give a recommendation. Kimberton is a bit too pricey for me.

Thanks gents for anything you might have to share. And to the OP, sorry to hijack this, but figured it might help all on the forum. SGL 43 is convenient, but becoming a bit unruly and not too fond of some of the behaviors I've observed there and looking to join a club as a result.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by spasmonaut View Post
    Any other leads to go on? I'm in Pottstown, and trying to find an outdoor range for use as well. Membership is not an issue, although I'll admit some places are a little too rich for my blood. I work a lot so I don't get to go very often but am trying to make more of an effort to make time to do it. My biggest issue is I work 2nd shift, so I can't attend any meetings. If anyone knows of a club where they all meet at midnight, count me in! But I jest...obviously that's a challenge for me in finding a club to join and I believe the intentions are good in having sponsor members, keeping folks involved, etc. It sounds like fun to me, but at this time in my life, isn't an option.

I moved here about a year ago from further up in the Lehigh Valley and used to belong to Palmerton for a handful of years before the drive became too much, and I miss that simple range. I'm just looking to find a place that's flexible, etc. That Penn Dutch club in New Holland sounded cool, but is a bit of a drive. I'll keep it available as an option but trying to keep it within about a 30 min ride each way.

Any other suggestions are welcome, as I'm still not really sure what all is around here nor the proximity of other towns from one another as I primarily go from here to KOP to work and back. I've touched on a few, but it seems some are either cost prohibitive, or are too restrictive on application processes, etc. I'd be willing to contact a few to see if they'd bend if someone could give a recommendation. Kimberton is a bit too pricey for me.

Thanks gents for anything you might have to share. And to the OP, sorry to hijack this, but figured it might help all on the forum. SGL 43 is convenient, but becoming a bit unruly and not too fond of some of the behaviors I've observed there and looking to join a club as a result.
    No problem, you actually mirrored a lot of my concerns. I don't get to go often & I don't have time for mandatory meetings. I also don't have a fortune to spend on fees.

(Chester County)

I was considering Boyertown, but it seems that some folks have some issues there from what I've found, although I'm not sure that it necessarily affects me from what I'm reading:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/120...n-rod-gun.html

I would like to find a place, though, that seems to have unanimous support and recommendations from other patrons.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by spasmonaut View Post
    Any other leads to go on? I'm in Pottstown, and trying to find an outdoor range for use as well...
    You must be close to NCCSC, it might be what you're looking for.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    sorry this reply is so late. just saw this thread again. no there are NO ranges that require cast bullets. Every range you can shoot whatever bullets you want. Even at the combat range. Every range is 5 round limit and the combat range which is about 7 yards you can have as many bullets in the magazine that your handgun will allow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast