Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default 2010-2011 Hunting Season (pic)

Hey guys, thought I'd start a thread for hunting pics this year. Be sure to post pics of all your hunting (deer, squirrels, etc.)

This little guy was taken yesterday in MD. It came by around 7:20 am and the shot was only 5 steps from the stand, went about 40 yards and piled up. Its number 3 already, which is good because I think we might have lost a lot of our deer meat from a power outage, we tried to cut a ham up yesterday and it was ruined.

Good Luck

"Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

Default Re: 2010-2011 Hunting Season (pic)

nice........
    FJB

(Wayne County)

Arch007er Nice, start filling the freezer. I went for a walk with my pup up on SGL 312 today, evreything up there is DRY. No water to speak of. I can`t wait until I get out, its like cabin fever. Hey how is your new rifle build coming along? Did you keep your 270 wsm? Stay safe and hit em hard.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Arch007er Nice, start filling the freezer. I went for a walk with my pup up on SGL 312 today, evreything up there is DRY. No water to speak of. I can`t wait until I get out, its like cabin fever. Hey how is your new rifle build coming along? Did you keep your 270 wsm? Stay safe and hit em hard.
    Thanks man. I gave up on the .270 wsm, it didn't perform the way I wanted. I started a thread awhile ago, I'm building a .243 AI off of a rem 700 action. I just got the barrel, I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance, the stock is not goin to be here till around December.

Good Luck, this season and post pics of all your hunting.
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Berks County)

Way to go!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I went for a walk with my pup up on SGL 312 today, evreything up there is DRY. No water to speak of. I can`t wait until
    The beech leaves were turning brown and curling up in late July and the blueberries in that swamp were turning to raisins right on the bushes.

I'm wondering what the mast crop is looking like through there. Did you happen to look to see what the beechnut crop is looking like at all?

@ the OP. Sorry to hear about the freezer. That's a damn shame to lose 2 deer worth of meat.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I don't know about mast, I've only 1 oak that actually produces decent acorns. There are some on the ground under it, but not that great. However nearby is the apple tree that always dumps apples all over the ground, though not as many as 2 years ago. The persimmon grove, also near the apple and oak, has a very large amount of fruit at the upper parts. The lower branches got zapped by a late frost.

The only problem is that deer aren't hanging around in their gangs like they have in the past- not yet at least. But some were under that oak recently, there were scratch marks from them pawing at the acorns. I am guessing that they are not eating the greens they normally relish, due to the nutrition being bad due to the drought? There are some tree's leaves and some ground growing stuff they normally just love, but they are not showing themselves in daylight like normal.

A couple years back Fingers from here was at my place and chided me for not having all that walking meat he saw in freezers! When he came up the driveway, the herd was hanging around looking stupid next to it. A bit later in the season though.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    The beech leaves were turning brown and curling up in late July and the blueberries in that swamp were turning to raisins right on the bushes.

I'm wondering what the mast crop is looking like through there. Did you happen to look to see what the beechnut crop is looking like at all?

@ the OP. Sorry to hear about the freezer. That's a damn shame to lose 2 deer worth of meat.
    Acorn crop around here is pretty promising, not as good as last year... but they are big and dropping already
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Wayne County)

Sandcut I really didn`t walk off the trail. I try to keep pup from coming home with too many ticks. Walked all the way back to power lines and then with left and right. Didn`t see whole lot. A couple of trails and very few prints in the mud back by the pines.

(Lawrence County)

Nice deer, however I'd go get a can of Rustoleum for that deep freezer, maybe a can of rust converter too... lol .243 AI is a great round, very nice for long distances with those 115 gr. bullets... If you do your job there should be no problem with you hitting consistently at 500 yards, do everything right and you can get a grand... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast