Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why . . .

(Beaver County)

Default Why . . .

Nevermind. Let's just forget about this.
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; October 2nd, 2010 at 01:38 AM.

Default Re: Why I'll never trade on the forum again . . .

This is sort of why Pelosi was ridiculous when she said that they had to pass the health care bill so that people could then read it and see what was inside.

There are ways to find out the cash value of pretty much anything on the Web. Use Gunbroker to see what things have actually sold for, like stripped lowers and parts kits and random assortments of springs and used/broken crap.

The time to be sure that your deal is fair is BEFORE you agree to the deal, unless you're swapping with your grandpa who you know will treat you right.

It sounds like you made a deal blindly, and you are disappointed in what was behind Curtain #3. I wouldn't hold that against PAFOA, I'd view it as a lesson in why "caveat emptor" is a 2,000 year old bit of excellent advice. Don't trade your cow for a sack of magic beans, without checking on what your cow is worth, and what the beans are worth. I can offer you a minty red brick in exchange for your beat-up old registered M-16, but the fault is yours if you accept that deal.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

always check before you respond to a trade deal! i would have at least asked him to install the LPK before making the trade! you could always ask him to give you the shottie back because some of the parts are broken, but always check BEFORE you agree!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpi View Post
    always check before you respond to a trade deal! i would have at least asked him to install the LPK before making the trade! you could always ask him to give you the shottie back because some of the parts are broken, but always check BEFORE you agree!
    Now you're just being silly. Ideally, I would just be able to say "you didn't hold up your end of the deal, give me the shotgun back" but realistically, that's not going to happen. If someone is enough of a POS to lie and give me a bag of scrap, I'm not going to ever see that shotgun again.

Whatever . . . It's an expensive lesson. Never trust anyone. I'm not holding it against the forum in particular though, you can meet pieces of shit anywhere. I did look it up to see what the lower was worth and I thought it was a fair deal but I didn't get what I was expecting. Oh well. What can you do?

(Bucks County)

Are you at least going to give us a hint who did this? If I saw a rattlesnake laying just outside your front door, I'd give you a 'heads up'.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by KDE870 View Post
    Now you're just being silly. Ideally, I would just be able to say "you didn't hold up your end of the deal, give me the shotgun back" but realistically, that's not going to happen. If someone is enough of a POS to lie and give me a bag of scrap, I'm not going to ever see that shotgun again.

Whatever . . . It's an expensive lesson. Never trust anyone. I'm not holding it against the forum in particular though, you can meet pieces of shit anywhere. I did look it up to see what the lower was worth and I thought it was a fair deal but I didn't get what I was expecting. Oh well. What can you do?
    I don't want to sound mean, but it sounds like you made the mistake by not knowing the value of things. If I offer to trade someone a bubble gum wrapper for a car, and they agree. It isn't my fault they took the deal. Take a lesson from this, and learn from it. Always do your research.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Allegheny County)

all i was saying is you can ask, he may ignore you, but if you don't ask you have only yourself to blame!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

If there is a positive to be had, consider it a semi-expensive lesson learned. Not so much that you can't trust people, but just that you have to do your homework before making a deal. Not to defend the other party if some items were indeed broken (because that's crap), but you probably should have known the value of what you were getting as well as whether or not it was complete before you agreed to the deal.

On the bright side, a lot of us have been there. I've made bad deals in the past (more than I will admit here). I always try to learn from them and move on.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Why I'll never trade on the forum again . . .

Sorry to hear this. But remember, it is kinda up to you to be aware of what you are getting into. It does stink that some will prey on those less knowledgable. I hope it works out for you.

(Allegheny County)

Let's see. . . you're selling your badass shotgun because you need the cash but then decide to trade it for gun parts. Sounds like you really didn't need the cash.

Always know what you're getting in a swap.

BTW, I have a Lorcin that I want to get rid of. Do you happen to have Singer made 1911A1 that you'd like to trade for it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast