Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default John Brown's Armory

Took the trip down to John Brown's a couple of weekends ago.. 198 Brighton Ave, #A, Rochester, PA 15074 (724) 728-4444

Dirty, smoky, guns stacked all over the place, it was a complete mess. Had my 9 year old with me and he was like, "how come that guy is smoking when there is a no smoking sign right there?" I replied, "probably cause it's his store?"

Anyway, wandered around in the store kind of checking things out for a few minutes as they were kind of busy. WOW what a mess! Finally moseyed up to the counter and asked if they had a Walther PPS... nope. Oh well, nobody has had one in stock to date out of 3 stores. Checked out a G19 and a couple of other pieces and the guy behind the counter (the one that was smoking) was chatting up me and two other customers at the same time.

Asked about some ammo (.40 S&W, 9mm, .223, and 7.62) and got rather cleanly handed off to a different guy who showed me where they had their ammo (pistol was behing the counter and rifle was piled up on the floor in front of some guns) and, after confirming I was looking for cheap target stuff, steered me to the best deals they had. All the while chatting and being friendly... "you guys are gonna have some fun, huh?"

While he was ringing up the $165 purchase of ammo I asked if they had a M&P1522. "yep, right there against the wall in the box... got the threaded barrel as well as the regular one" Checked it out and he asked, "want it?" I said I just blew my monthly allowance on ammo so not right now but I would be back when I saved up enough for it. While I was looking over the gun and checking out how it fit my 9 year old he boxed up the ammo for me. Thinking back I may have been a little rude actually as I started concentrating on my son (9 year old holding a gun, you know) and kind of ignored him while he finished up boxing the ammo up.

When we were done drooling over the M&P I put it down and turned around and our sales guy was chatting with another customer.. he saw me turn though and immediately, with a smile, pointed to the ammo box and said, "got it right there for ya". I thanked him, grabbed the box, gathered up the boy, shook his hand and left.

I will definitely be going back... Good ammo prices, good gun prices, very friendly and attentive staff. Makes the clutter, mess, and smokiness not matter much at all.

Highly recommend this store. Just for the people and prices.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: John Brown's Armory

I've always done well there and drop in whenever i get up that way.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Lawrence County)

they are moving right next door sometime this fall.
    they are finishing up construction now and it will about quadrouple their show room space.
    yes, they allow smoking in their shop, something about living in America and having certain freedoms I think.

They are busy and sometimes juggling customers and if you pull their chain they will pull yours right back.

Still one of the best gunshops you will ever walk into.

(Beaver County)

I love that place! It used to be real close to me until I moved to Moon Twp. I still go down there as much as I can. Those guys are great. They're always so busy but, they always take care of you.

(Venango County)

They are two hours away, but sometimes I just have to make a special trip. It's not the monotonous sanitized environment we have grown so accustomed to these days in almost every place we go. Me, I love the smoke and the mess (could find a treasure in that mess). And it is always a pleasure to be in a shop where the shop keepers actually like what they do and actually interact with people.

(Butler County)

Can't say enough about Tim Brown (the owner) and his staff. I've been going to his shop for 15 years now, and he's always great. If he dosen't have it, he'll order it in for you. Prices are good, great place to stop. ALWAYS interesting used guns.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by gator39 View Post
    they are moving right next door sometime this fall.
    they are finishing up construction now and it will about quadrouple their show room space.
    yes, they allow smoking in their shop, something about living in America and having certain freedoms I think.

They are busy and sometimes juggling customers and if you pull their chain they will pull yours right back.

Still one of the best gunshops you will ever walk into.
    When you say "right next door" is that next door to you or to the location they are currently in?

Oh, I wasn't busting chops for smoking in the store... doesn't bother me and I'm even an ex smoker. Just mentioned it 'cause it showed some of the "laid back" atmosphere of the place I think.

Spent all my toy allowance on a motorcycle trip down to Knoxville and the Great Smokies so it's taking me longer than I planned to get that M&P 1522.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Beaver County)

They're moving right next door to where they are now. It's definitely going to make for a LOT more room! I go there quite often, but I have to plan for it, as I know I'll be there for a good amount of time.

one nation under GOD!

(Beaver County)

I'll throw in my $.02
    This place, hands down, is my favorite shop.
    The people make the difference... plus they have a ton of cool stuff there.
    Anyone in the Pittsburgh area owes it to themselves to go there!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast