Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Shot my PM9 for the first time...

Well, I finally made it out to the range with my new PM9.

WOW, this thing is nice to shoot. Much nicer than my Kel-Tec .380. The trigger is 100x better than the Kel-Tec's. I hate the KT flimsey plastic trigger. Feels like it's going to bend or break with every pull.

The PM9 trigger is aluminum, so it's solid and I love the width.

I put 120ish rounds though it. 100 rounds of American Eagle 115gr fmj and about 20 rounds of Federal HST hollow points. It fed without a single failure. Perfect.

I love this gun so far and would 100% recommend it to anyone. I was even chambering rounds by the pull and release method (which they do not recommend) and had no issues. I'm left-handed so using the slide release to chamber the first round is a pain in the ass for me.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Shot my PM9 for the first time...

I'm glad you posted this. I looked at one at a local shop and really like how it felt in my hand & fit and finish. I never shot one though. How was the recoil?
    I also see used the PM40 pop up a lot more at stores,more so then the PM9 so wonder if the .40 is just a little too hot for this package.
    Tim

(Blair County)

The recoil wasn't bad. Better than my KT for sure.

(Philadelphia County)

I really like my PM9. The recoil is very manageable. The bore axis is quite low, which makes the gun push back more than flip up. Compare the profile of a 3 inch XD to the PM9 and you can see how much lower the barrel is compared to the wrist. I have a K9 as well. I really appreciate the build quality of these guns. The PM9 is a very good pocket gun.

(Lancaster County)

Great to hear you like it. I have been recommending the PM9 to friends since I bought mine 3 years ago or so. Was yours new or used. Mine worked 100% right out of the box brand new. They talk about the break in period, mine didnt need it.

Quick story about the PM40. My range instructor carries one and I was once taking a pretty basic class in defensive shooting using an M&P40. He knows me pretty well and after a break told me I could try his gun for the next few drills. Of course I said sure not knowing the next exercise was all weak hand, no support from awkward stances and positions. This version definately has alot more kick than the 9. Made my full size gun seem like a 22 after I switched back. Its not too much for defensive purposes but I cant see an afternoon at the range with it. Come to think of it I really cant see a full day of shooting the PM9 either.

Kahr guns are well built and if you can get over the long dao trigger pull you will love them.

I have a Kahr MK40. It is harsh on the hand to shoot. But it is the most firepower available at that size. Most other pocket pistols are much smaller 380 or 32 calibers.

(Monroe County)

Your Kahr is far superior to anything KelTec makes , its not a fair comparison, .
    Yes the PM9 is sweet but i find it kind of too small, i like the slightly larger CW9/P9 better . They are accurate and very comfortablr to shoot.

Enjoy

for CC use, i have an M&P9c, and a Taurus TCP. I now realize that what i REALLY need is a PM9. this is high on my list of future purchases.

thanks for the report.

Thanks for the write up.

I finally got to handle a PM9 the other day. I was extremely impressed by the build quality.

(Butler County)

+1 Glad to see all the Kahr fans coming out of the woodwork. Price can be somewhat inhibitive when the plastic keltec's are running the show on popularity, but rest assured, you will continue to love it for years to come!

I've been carrying mine for coming up on 3 years now. Since I bought mine, pap and one of my best friends have followed suit. None of us have any complaints.

Now make sure it's with you as often as possible!

-J

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast