Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sheriffs office

(Lancaster County)

Default Sheriffs office

Where is it? I drove by the court house yesterday while working and decided to drive around the block to check it out. I am planning on stopping in to get my LTCF next week. I didn't have the addresses of my references with me, or I would have done it yesterday while I was there. In doing the loop around the block, I saw that there are 2 buildings there; the court house, and a smaller building behind it that obviously belonged to the sheriff. Is that building the sheriff's office or just prisoner storage? I wasn't sure because it didn't look very inviting. I just figured I'd ask to safe myself the minor embarrassment of going in the wrong building. Thanks.
    If I knew the world would come to pieces tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Sheriffs office

Yea, it's the small building sort-of on top of the hill. The door to walk in is pointed out with the arrow. The LTCF forms are on the shelf just inside on the left. I would opt for the $1 lamination if you can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

Thanks.

10 char
    If I knew the world would come to pieces tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.

(Lehigh County)

do yourself a favor and strike up a convo with the secretaries... they are all a bunch of sweethearts in there...

(Centre County)

In the old county jail up behind the courthouse. And yes the ladies who work in the office are very nice.

As I recall, when I renewed my LTCF in the spring, I didn't have the option to NOT get the laminated wallet sized permit. They just did it w/o asking or me having to request it and charged me whatever they charged me. Pretty simple and pleasant experience. Gotta love Denny Nau!
    Last edited by Mr White; September 18th, 2010 at 11:35 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Stopped in today and got it. It took less than 15 minutes. It was rather easy.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty89 View Post
    Stopped in today and got it. It took less than 15 minutes. It was rather easy.
    Fantastic. J&E Guns is right at the bottom of that same street. They're open from 3-7 Tue-Fri and sat 9-1?. Kind of a tucked-away place but they have some nice stuff.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    Fantastic. J&E Guns is right at the bottom of that same street. They're open from 3-7 Tue-Fri and sat 9-1?. Kind of a tucked-away place but they have some nice stuff.
    just watch their steps.... almost took a tumble myself last time i was there

(Centre County)

Ditto. Also got mine renewed. $25 for the permit by statute and $1 for a, frankly, pathetic reduced copy with a hand cut lamination. New regulations so no photo is required any longer. The staff there said they always charge $26 because that's the only option in their computer. 8-) They have forms there but I would recommend filling out the PDF version they have online. The form takes a few minutes and you need some data, like 2 references address and phone number.

I do wish they did a better lamination - for $1 they could afford a hot sealed lamination pouch. What I got won't last 6 months in my wallet. I'll have to make another - it's only a laser printed form with a scanned copy of Nau's signature. Woefully insecure.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by aclaver View Post
    I do wish they did a better lamination - for $1 they could afford a hot sealed lamination pouch. What I got won't last 6 months in my wallet. I'll have to make another - it's only a laser printed form with a scanned copy of Nau's signature. Woefully insecure.
    Maybe this is old news to most of you, but I just saw that Centre County will be going to a plastic photo ID for LTCF in Jan'11. Quite the upgrade from lamination.