Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Larry Vickers suspends production of NHC Vickers Model

This a Larry Vickers NHC

This post is for other high end gun sluts like myself this comes from Larry Vickers:
    Gents

I wanted to let everyone here know that I am suspending the Vickers Tactical Nighthawk Custom 1911 as of March 1, 2008 - meaning that Nighthawk will no longer accept orders for pistol after that date; only the pistols ordered by then will be built

The primary reason for this is I feel the pistol has become too expensive - paying over $3000 for a pistol that I designed and is built to my specs BUT a pistol I don't personally work on is unreasonable in my opinion.

I am not sure what If anything I will do in the custom 1911 pistol realm - I will however continue to offer 1911 operators courses as well as 1911 builders courses

This last statement is not from L. Vickers it is comment from me:
    So if anyone wants a Nighthawk Custom Vickers get that order in and be prepared for the looong wait. I will have to get another on order as I can only guess what NIB Vickers will be selling for in 10 or 15 years.

oracle
    Last edited by MOUNTAINORACLE; November 2nd, 2007 at 04:26 PM. Reason: content
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Larry Vickers suspends production of NHC Vickers Model

Larry is a really good guy with tremendous integrity - I commend him for his stand on this.

(Chester County)

This gun has been selling for over $3000 for over a year and now he has an attack of conscience that compels him to issue a "Buy Now; Supplies Limited!" statement?

I was vaguely considering buying one to keep my Talon company (particularly given Mountain's glowing reviews) but now I'm definitely not buying one.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    This gun has been selling for over $3000 for over a year and now he has an attack of conscience that compels him to issue a "Buy Now; Supplies Limited!" statement?

I was vaguely considering buying one to keep my Talon company (particularly given Mountain's glowing reviews) but now I'm definitely not buying one.
    I think there might have been a misunderstanding about my post on the Vickers Nighthawk--I posted this to let anyone who wants a NHC Vicker that they were going to discontinued in Mar 2008. I don't think he is issuing a "Buy Now; Supplies Limited! statement. I believe him when he says:The primary reason for this is I feel the pistol has become too expensive - paying over $3000 for a pistol that I designed and is built to my specs BUT a pistol I don't personally work on is unreasonable in my opinion.
    In 2001, a Vickers Vickers was $3880 parts and labor on your gun.

This link will take you to an article on Vickers Vickers:http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._75211979/pg_1

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

oracle

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post

Be careful before you jump to conclusions about this man, especially on a public forum. He has done more for this country, the firearms industry, the training and gun gaming communities than probably any other.

(Allegheny County)

You guys have to remember a pistol of that quality will run into the $3,000 range easily.
    My gunsmith builds a MEUSOC .45 that goes for $2,395.
    It's not fancy but it is built to be the most reliable gun you can carry.
    This gun has $1600 just in parts.
    Remember your paying for the skill of the gunsmith to make a gun special.
    http://www.deathfromafar.com/htm/iba..._MEUSOC45.html

(Jefferson County)

Hell, $1000 is too much for a 1911. ...wtf would someone pay that much for a pistol that cab be had for $400+$300 in add-on parts?

My $279 Norinco and the $150 of ebay parts shoots just the same.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Hell, $1000 is too much for a 1911. ...wtf would someone pay that much for a pistol that cab be had for $400+$300 in add-on parts?

My $279 Norinco and the $150 of ebay parts shoots just the same.
    Sir,

I'm afraid that you don't know what you don't know. And I'm not even a 1911 enthusiast.

I'll leave it at that.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    Sir,

I'm afraid that you don't know what you don't know. And I'm not even a 1911 enthusiast.

I'll leave it at that.
    +100

I go out of my way NOT say something nasty about some of the firearms that members of this forum give glowing reports on.

I was taught years ago, if you can not say something postive keep you mouth shut. I did not post a glowing range report and make statements like everyone should go out and purchase a high end M1911; all I did was make a post informing members that if they were a high end gun slut like myself that Vickers NHC was being discontinued.

So, I guess that I am fool for paying the price I paid for both my NHC Vickers and Valtro.

Statements like my $279 Norinco and $150 of ebay parts shoots just the same. Well why spend that much a $99 Hipoint shoots just the same.

rant off

(Jefferson County)

I'm not knocking the gun, just the price.

Really guys, $3000? or even $2000? $1000 is more realistic for that 1911 pictured. ...maybe pushing $1500.

It takes maybe 4-6 hours to hone the parts and fit them(less time if you use lathes), then about 2hrs to detail the finish, 20 minutes to assemble one soup to nuts-all by hand

Its like Ford building the current Mustangs for $10K in parts, labor, electric, etc and selling them for $20-30K.

By not ranting out about prices, we'll find ourselves paying $1000 for Hipoints.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast