Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default State Game Land Rules & Regulatons.

I'll be a first time visitor to the Wexford Game Lands. Would my Stihl ear protectors be good enough protection....can hear chit with them on.

What kind of eye protection do I need?

Of course, all rules of safety need to be followed, and by all means wear proper eye and ear protection.
    Users should also practice good shooting etiquette. The regulation, for example, that limits a shooter to having no more than three rounds in a rifle (six in a handgun) may not seem to make much sense.
    So, if I have a 10rd magazine, I can only load 6 rds in there. Then what do you do? Do I buy multiple magazines and put 6 in each? Is there a place where you can go to re-load the magazines?

Len

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: State Game Land Rules & Regulatons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    I'll be a first time visitor to the Wexford Game Lands. Would my Stihl ear protectors be good enough protection....can hear chit with them on.

What kind of eye protection do I need?
    there generally really isn't anyone there to enforce any rules. however, most people there seem to generally respect the rules.

i've seen people shooting there with no ear or eye protections. dumb thing to do, imho, but...

so, as far as ear and eye protection, just use whatever you feel comfortable with.

So, if I have a 10rd magazine, I can only load 6 rds in there. Then what do you do? Do I buy multiple magazines and put 6 in each? Is there a place where you can go to re-load the magazines?
    you can re-load your mags right at the bench/shooting station. that's no problem. you're just not supposed to have more than 6 in the mag at any one time.

one note of caution about the wexford game lands shooting range. there is often no RO. so, everyone just sort of co-operates about calling "clear" to be able to go downrange and check targets. (and, for some stupid reason, the standard procedure there seems to be to use the word "clear" to mean both "the range cold so you can go check your targets" and "the range is hot so you can start shooting"...so make sure everyone is on the same page about which "clear" everyone is yelling.)

just make sure everyone all the way up and down the line is on the same page about whether or not the range is hot.

a too common issue (not that i've seen it happen a lot, but even once it too common) is that there will be people still downrange checking targets at the 100 yard rifle stations. but, you can't see those targets from the pistol stations...so, sometimes, the guys at the pistol stations think everyone is back from checking targets and start shooting while there are still guys down at the 100 yard targets. (in reality, they aren't going to hit them because the stations are so far apart, but it is still obviously a big no-no.)
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; November 2nd, 2007 at 12:10 PM.