Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default "Campus Carry" assignment: letter to DeMint posted.

::mods, i apologize if this is in the wrong section::

long story short, I am taking a Poly Sci. Class to complete my minor and the teacher instructed us we need to "write to a 'political figure' or politician about something we are adamant about", well I am adamant about guns

This class just started and the teacher has made it clear he is a "hard core democrat" palin jokes non-stop, knocking Bush, etc. etc. I want to "stir the pot" a little bit... any ideas?

The stipulation is that we NEED to get a response from the party we write to, and if we do NOT we have to write follow up letters every week until the end of the class

throw out some ideas guys and I will keep the thread updated with the progress on the letter/teacher/ responses from both (recipient of letter and teacher)

I was thinking HB40 because i did want to get involved but that will be cutting it too close to get a response I think.
    Last edited by cmr076; September 20th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: so i have to write to a politician for a class assignment....

it's your topic, so it's got to be your idea ... if you want to do it on HB40 then step one is obviously 1) read the bill if you haven't already that is

If you want to trip up your professor on this project (and send his "hard core democrat" ideas spinning), I suggest writing to a Democrat who is in support of HB40. There's plenty of them after all.

(Allegheny County)

I don't know what to suggest except to NOT start the letter with the word "So".

Unless the politician is a teenager as well.

Emptypetpeevemag

p.s.
    Good luck with the assignment and the class in general. "Higher learning" libfu¢k teachers make me want to puke.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post

long story short, I am taking a Poly Sci. Class to complete my minor and the teacher instructed us we need to "write to a 'political figure' or politician about something we are adamant about", well I am adamant about guns

This class just started and the teacher has made it clear he is a "hard core democrat" palin jokes non-stop, knocking Bush, etc. etc. I want to "stir the pot" a little bit... any ideas?

The stipulation is that we NEED to get a response from the party we write to, and if we do NOT we have to write follow up letters every week until the end of the class

throw out some ideas guys and I will keep the thread updated with the progress on the letter/teacher/ responses from both (recipient of letter and teacher)

I was thinking HB40 because i did want to get involved but that will be cutting it too close to get a response I think.
    PA HB 2049:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=2049&pn=2817
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. William James

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

p.s.
    Good luck with the assignment and the class in general. "Higher learning" libfu¢k teachers make me want to puke.

The lib teachers are so much more fun then the con teachers. I have been getting at least one each semester and boy do I love to stir the pot. The best part is when you catch them without info on the subject they are speaking about at the time. They usually end the discussion right then and there. Which is a tell tale signal they lost.

I can't help it, I just love to rattle people.

For the op just make sure you pick a subject you have knowledge and can have source for you info in the event the teacher questions you ( be able to site info).
    Last edited by Calvin; September 14th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    The best part is when you catch them without info on the subject they are speaking about at the time. They usually end the discussion right then and there. Which is a tell tale signal they lost.

Did that with the speech 101 proff, she cruised by gun control....oh I let her have it with some facts on that one about carrying/rules/laws.

The "jerseryites" in the class were a little scared of me after that...
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Venango County)

I sent an HB40 email out thanking the Honorable member for their support. I refered that I heard they had lent support for it or had promised to do so. I mentioned I was a LTCF owner, why we need HB40 so criminals can't get away with victimizing someone twice, and that I was a veteran.

I received a response within 48 hours stating that they had just signed for the bill to come out. So apparently, they promised but had not done so, until after the deluge of emails and then they replied after signing it.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lancaster County)

If you want to really stir the pot then write to one about campus carry.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    If you want to really stir the pot then write to one about campus carry.
    i was thinking about that actually, not sure which politician to write to about that though since its a private school with armed security haha
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post

The HB40 is the obvious choice. It's something that will stir the pot in your libtard-run class, but more importantly it will give gun owners and lawful citizens in general more essential freedoms. Seriously, you should be writing to politicians regarding this issue regardless of whether it is assigned by your prof or not.

Below is the link to Whitfeather's thread about getting the HB40 passed. It's many, many pages long. Check out the last few on the latest updates and what needs to be done.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ease-read.html

By the way, it's certainly not too late. Write several politicians. One will give you a response... even if it's a short couple sentence email.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast