Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Jersey Shore Preemption Violation

Well, I attended the meeting tonight with Mr. Gixxer and I presented the facts about preemption to the borough. One gentleman from the council stated that he thought the preemption clause sounded vague and he thought it was unclear. An old woman in the back broke into my presentation and stated that my gun had worried her when I cam in because she didn't know who I was and thought I might be there to shoot someone....LOL. I asked her if she drove her car to the meeting and when she answered yes I asked her if she knew if everyone else driving was going to do so responsibly and not cause an accident. I told her that she couldn't know if they were drunk or reckless just as she was not able to be sure about me with a gun, but yet no one here is calling for a ban on driving or cars. This got a lot of nods in agreement. The fellow persisted that it was just my interpretation of the law and that he had the right to tell me I could not carry in designated areas. I left it at that and asked that they submit the information to the solicitor. The borough manager denied calling a motion and said they would take it into consideration.

Well, we waited until after the meeting and I walked up to the gentleman who disagreed with me and said it was nice to hear his thoughts but he was wrong about the law. I told him if he was so certain that he had the right to ban firearms where he chooses then I would agree to set up a time and a place for me to go down to a park area and be arrested. I told him I would willingly surrender myself and be arrested. Then I told him that after my arrest he would have to explain to the borough why they were being sued for a civil rights violation and wrongful arrest. He turned a bit red and told me that he was glad he knew I had an agenda and I replied to him,"I do. I support and defend the 2nd amendment." He then said that he supported it too and walked off.

I approached the borough manager and told him I would be back next month and he could put me on the agenda but I would be there regardless every month until this was resolved.

Fun times. LOL
    Last edited by t1m0thy; September 13th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Jersey Shore Preemption Violation

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Well, I attended the meeting tonight with Mr. Gixxer and I presented the facts about preemption to the borough. One gentleman from the council stated that he thought the preemption clause sounded vague and he thought it was unclear. An old woman in the back broke into my presentation and stated that my gun had worried her when I cam in because she didn't know who I was and thought I might be there to shoot someone....LOL. I asked her if she drove her car to the meeting and when she answered yes I asked her if she knew if everyone else driving was going to do so responsibly and not cause an accident. I told her that she couldn't know if they were drunk or reckless just as she was not able to be sure about me with a gun, but yet no one here is calling for a ban on driving or cars. This got a lot of nods in agreement. The fellow persisted that it was just my interpretation of the law and that he had the right to tell me I could not carry in designated areas. I left it at that and asked that they submit the information to the solicitor. The borough manager denied calling a motion and said they would take it into consideration.

Well, we waited until after the meeting and I walked up to the gentleman who disagreed with me and said it was nice to hear his thoughts but he was wrong about the law. I told him if he was so certain that he had the right to ban firearms where he chooses then I would agree to set up a time and a place for me to go down to a park area and be arrested. I told him I would willingly surrender myself and be arrested. Then I told him that after my arrest he would have to explain to the borough why they were being sued for a civil rights violation and wrongful arrest. He turned a bit red and told me that he was glad he knew I had an agenda and I replied to him,"I do. I support and defend the 2nd amendment." He then said that he supported it too and walked off.

I approached the borough manager and told him I would be back next month and he could put me on the agenda but I would be there regardless every month until this was resolved.

Fun times. LOL
    Time to get them some more information I suppose. I have to check and see if I can make one of these meetings, since it's always good to have more than 1 person arguing for a cause.

(Clinton County)

Angry Re: Jersey Shore Preemption Violation

Thanks for the new thread Tim. You beat me to it haha!

Down to business (pardon my french for the following). The whole meeting tonight has me a bit pissed off to say the least. Granted I was tied up with work for the better part of the meeting, when I did get there and heard what had happened it surprised me really. The whole atmosphere there was a bit like "f*@k you" you gun toting idiots and we don't GAF what you say. Seemed all the borough members had a bit of an attitude towards us and just wished we would just stay out of "their" business. After the meeting and we parted ways I walked over to the firehall to hang out for a bit. Seemed the word got around over there that I was "protesting something" and they asked me what it was about. I told them that I was at the borough meeting to address the fact that an ordinance they have on the books is in violation of state preemption and that it was illegal. That got scoffs from everyone that was standing there and one of them even asked me why I needed to carry a gun to a park. I handed one of the pamphlets to a guy and he read it, reluctantly, and I tried to get someone else to read it and they bitterly refused to even think about touching it. A few minutes passed and people started their way to the door to go home. One of the older members had a smart ass comment about the whole thing away from where I was to someone else and said something like "what does he wanna do, carry his freakin’ gun around town?" or something along those lines. He said it in a tone of voice that relayed that he thought I was some crazy who wants to scare people with my guns or go around shooting people for shits and giggles. I had half the mind to walk over there and say something to him but I didn't want to put my membership at risk. All in all, like I said, I am pretty f-ing pissed off at the way everyone is taking this subject. I get the feeling from everyone that its "f you, how dare you try to change our town" or "we don't want your kind round here". It’s worse around here than I thought it was.

Please everyone, we need your help. We cannot allow these commies (yes I went there) to push us around. This is the United States of America where the Constitution and Bill of Rights CANNOT BE QUESTIONED. This is NOT my "opinion" or "up to interpretation" like the asshole in the borough meeting said.

DON'T F-ING TREAD ON ME

rant over... time to sleep on this shit...

Unf%*kingbelievable.....
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clinton County)

I have learned that in doing this you have to be willing to take the fact that some people will view you with contempt.

There were people there that agreed with us though.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; September 14th, 2010 at 01:57 AM.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    I have learned that in doing this you have to be willing to take the fact that some people will view you with contempt.

There were people there that agreed with us though.
    You know I really wasn't that upset about what the borough counsel members had to say. What really pisses me off is the way the guys at the firehall kind of made fun of me when they learned what I was doing. They think this shits a joke. Pennsylvania's gun owners will have the last laugh.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

Will the next meeting be October 12? What time and where?

(Clinton County)

I imagine its the same...the 2nd Monday in October.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Lynn View Post
    Will the next meeting be October 12? What time and where?
    October 11th according to their website. 1900 hrs, 232 Smith Street Jersey Shore, PA 17740

http://www.jerseyshoreboro.org/jsboro/
    Last edited by Mr_Gixxer; September 14th, 2010 at 02:14 AM.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

We are right. We know we are right. They are just wrapping their heads around this and they may not like it but they will realize we are right. Situations like this though uncomfortable are the only way to combat the misconceptions and ignorance.

(Clinton County)

Like I said, this is alot tougher than I was expecting it to be. I new it wasn't going to happen overnight but wasn't expecting the negativity that has risen from this and the personal attacks for knowing, exercising and fighting for my community's rights and my rights. Ignorance is completely rampant in the "shore" when it comes to gun owners. I may just have a chat with a few people that I know around town pretty soon and see if we can't just get a dozen or two people to team up for the next meeting.
    μολ ν λαβέ

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast