Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default keltec service thumbs up.

I got new frame pins from them last week. Less than a week turn around. The grip cracked on the gun over the weekend. Sent them an email saturday and called today. they told me it was a goodthing I called because emails take some time to respond to. They stated they would have a grip in the mail for me with an envelope to send the old one back.
    This way I am not with out my favorite pocket pistol and can fix it as soon as I get the part. Other companies may have had me send the gun back.
    The crack only seems to be cosmetic at this time.

Before some one says should have bought a ruger. I have had no issues with this gun. I shoots great. I have had it and carried it daily for years. I have a ton (well over a thousand rounds) out of it. I shoot it every time I go to the range. Which at times is a couple times a week, other times is a couple times a month. It has taken a beating. For a gun that cost me right around 200 it was and still is the best 200 dollars i spent.

I just thought I would share this, because in my mind customer service is one the biggest decisions when I buy something.

P.S. Joe yes add another gun I broke to the list.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: keltec service thumbs up.

Kel Tec seems to really understand how to address CS matters.

But I gotta say - 1,000 rds. is not a ton in my book. That's just getting broken in!

Regards,

Bones

PS - I do not own any KT's, so maybe 1k is indeed a ton for them (I would think they could go many thousands of rounds, though - No?)

(Delaware County)

my experience was the opposite..they had my gun for MONTHS to fix the mag release and update a few internal parts.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Kel Tec seems to really understand how to address CS matters.

But I gotta say - 1,000 rds. is not a ton in my book. That's just getting broken in!

Regards,

Bones

PS - I do not own any KT's, so maybe 1k is indeed a ton for them (I would think they could go many thousands of rounds, though - No?)
    I lost count somewhere around a thousand. This at a gun that most people want to put more than a couple mags through at one time. It only holds 6+1. I have to agree that 1000rds aint much for most guns. but it has been run and ran alot.

andrew- sorry to hear that. Thats why I am glad I didnt have to send it back. they just sent me peices.

(Butler County)

I have only had one issue with my PF-9 and it was my fault, but still Kel-tec had new parts to me in 2 days free of charge. Needless to say I was more than pleased.

(Bucks County)

I had to send an S2K back a few years ago. Turn around was 17 days. I had Tanners send back a P32. IIRC, it took 3 weeks. These guns are so easy to work on, unless it is a major problem, you can take it apart and replace parts yourself. I love my Keltecs, all 5.

Some guns are not built to shoot 1k+ rounds through regularly. My Kel Tech has only 500+ rounds through it and as long as it can do all the PP drills I have confidence in it (inside 15 yards). I sent my Pt11 in to Kel Tec to get the new trigger spring and order the metal frame holster and rear sights they put all that on the gun and shipped it back in a week. I've never looked back I shoot this 9mm far better then I do my 38spl snub nose, no doubt its not a Glock 19/23 or my 8040. But it beats them at CC.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    The general assumption is that KTs don't hold up to large round counts... I put AT LEAST 5000 through a P32 and had zero problems. Not a single issue once. I am an idiot for trading that gun in, but when I did the store considered it in "Good" condition.

I guess the real question is why the hell did I ever buy that much .32 acp?

I like the KTs I have owned. YMMV.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Just an fyi, KT states that the round count for the life of the pf9 is around 6k.

(Blair County)

up date. Last thursday i had the parts with a pre paid postage envelope to ship the old grip back. So Called them on the 13th and had the parts on the 16th. Along with a new hammer, hammer spring, and extra pins. They also sent very detailed instructions on how to replace the parts. The gun still runs like a champ. I will never hesitate to give a thumbs up to or buy another keltec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast