Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Gunlawyer001's Firearms Law Workshop

By popular demand, we've found a good location for one set of my Firearms Law Workshops (Sessions I and II) that's closer to Philadelphia and lower Montco/Bucks, and Chester/Delaware Counties.

We're holding Session I on October 3rd (Sunday) and Session II on October 16th (SATURDAY), at the Abington Township Public Safety Training Facility, located at 2200 Florey Lane, Abington, PA. Doors open at noon for signing in and getting the best seats, we get running at 1 PM and will end no later than 5 PM.

To sign up, go to the link where Jason Schafer kindly hosts my very basic web page; there you'll find the course outlines, and a link to the Registration Form.
    http://www.pgklaw.com/

Print out the Registration Form, mail it to me with a check, and show up for the Workshop.

Cost for Session 1 is $50 per person if your payment is postmarked by September 24th (for Session I), or $75 per person after that or at the door.

Cost for Session II is $50 per person if your payment is postmarked by October 1st or paid in person at Session I; or $75 per person after that or at the door.

You can attend either or both Sessions, there are no prerequisites for either course.

BONUS: If you sign up and pay for 5 people on the same Registration Form, you get 1 free (so you pay $200 for all 5).

As always, questions are welcome, there will be a course agenda and we always get through the listed topics, with some interesting side trips:

Session 1: Pennsylvania law I (4 hours)
    * Owning, open & concealed carrying, vehicle transport, in and around the home, motor homes, "in" motorcycles, workplaces, and what counts as "between" named exemptions
    * PICS/NICS
    * LTCF's - denials, revocations. Appeals
    * transferring, inheriting, lending, borrowing, pawning, gifting
    * prohibited persons under PA and Federal law, temporary prohibitions; domestic relations & Lautenburg (minors, some aliens, convictions, indictments, dishonorable discharges, mental adjudications)
    * Limited immunity under the PA UFA; waivers and releases as applied to 3rd-parties
    * Allowing prohibited persons access to your guns; living with a prohibited person
    * Getting rights restored; Pardons, restorations, other avenues under PA and Federal laws
    * Storage requirements and advice;
    * Seized guns; forfeiture and return of property proceedings;
    * PA preemption - how it applies, how it doesn't; zoning, discharge restrictions, possession of firearms on municipal property; nuisance, noise, health & safety
    * Federal preemption - the 1986 FOPA requirements
    * PA constitution- Art 1, Sec 21

We may also discuss the recent Supreme Court cases affirming an individual right.

I'll make a separate post for Session II.

Default Re: Gunlawyer001's Firearms Law Workshop

Another bonus: My client in the "gun on school property" criminal case has agreed to appear at the Session I Workshop on October 3rd, and discuss aspects of what happened to him as a result of peaceably possessing a firearm in his vehicle in the parking lot of a VoTech school, with a current LTCF; this meshes nicely with the agenda for Session I, where I planned to discuss "where" we can legally carry in PA, and also will provide some real-world insights into the worst case scenario of police interactions after a "man with a gun" call, and what you should be prepared for in the way of process and costs.

Mr. Anfuso was the subject of several threads, including THIS:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...-property.html

Our defense was successful, thanks in part to generous contributions from many PAFOA members. Here's a chance to meet Chris and here his story.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Anyone in the PGH area want to carpool?

(Bucks County)

Just made my check out and wil be sending my registration in later today. I'm looking forward to attending both sessions.

Friendly reminder, you can get the discounted registration fee of $50 if you get your payment and registration form in the mail by tomorrow, Sept. 24th. After that, the regular $75 registration fee applies.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

(Delaware County)

How many have confirmed attendance so far?
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Chester County)

Care to sell a DVD of the workshops? I'd buy. The outline looks great, BTW, but I have kids and sports and well ... just can't make it .. Be a good method of residual income ..