Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: So pa permit doesn't work in NY what about open carry?

I vote that we all get together and build a big wall like they have for mexico..... Wait a minute. That isn't working there......

Mity.. Get a big can of Pepper Spray for those bears. At least you may not go to jail for having in.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I go to NY to camp alot. When I go camping in PA, I usually bring my 357 with me.
    How about in NY? Do i have to learn to fight with bear with sticks stones?
    If I remember the instructions correctly, when dealing with a bear, you are supposed to go to the ground like a ball, hold your ears in your hands and try and stay on your knees with your arms tucked in under you.
    What ever you do, do not run up a hill, bears are built to go up hills… Do not climb a tree, bears are meant to climb trees.
    If you must run, run downhill the bear will not be able to run as fast or he will trip himself and roll down the hill at this point, your stuck on your knees again as you should not run up the hill where he can run better…

If the bear catches up to you or you simply get tired of running, the next step is to take a hand full of poop and rub it in the bear’s nose, they do not like poop and will generally leave you alone for a few minutes while he rubs his snout on what ever he can to get the shlt off his nostrils.

Don’t ask where you get the brown stuff, by the time the bear is close enough to you to actually rub his nose, your pants will be completely filled of it.

PS. In case no one mentioned it yet, DO NOT bring a gun in to New YorkState.
    PS2. If you listen to a lot of country and western and the bear you are looking to find is the kind that drives a car with red and blue lights on it. You specifically do not want to have a gun on you, and the poop deal wont work, they deal in shlt al the time!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cambria County)

Rules for camping in Bear Country. Always camp with someone that runs slower than you. That way the bear gets them and not you.

Oh, never take a gun to NY
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I go to NY to camp alot. When I go camping in PA, I usually bring my 357 with me.
    How about in NY? Do i have to learn to fight with bear with sticks stones?
    fighting a bear with sticks stones might get you in jail for animal abuse in NY. your best be is to call 911 and give it a jar of honey. (lol sorry, i really hate NY )

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    (lol sorry, i really hate NY )
    I hear ya. Thats why I moved out.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Your best be is to call 911 and give it a jar of honey. (lol sorry, i really hate NY )
    And ask it to wait until the cops show up to protect you. You can't protect yourself because that is the job of the police...

Oh yeah...never take your handgun into NY state.

(Chester County)

I use to live in NY. You can not bring a handgun into the NYS unless it enters through a licensed dealer. Then it has to be registered. As for peaceable journy, good luck. NYS will still try you and say it doesnt conform to state law.

I had a NYS pistol permit and when I moved to PA I wanted to keep it and was told absolutly not!!!!

I gave it in and I am a happy camper that I live in PA.

NYS has an assault weapons ban as well. Stay away from NYS PA is much better.

(Northampton County)

So in a few weeks I will be traveling to vermont. I have a valid PA CCW, but I understand you don't need a permit to CC in VT. Should I even bother taking along my XD45 since I will need to travel through NYS? Even if I separate ammo from weapon and store everything in the trunk can I still get busted for the hi cap mags?

BTW, I hate NY and NJ.

I'm not sure about the high cap mags, but as long as your destination honors Pa's LTCF, you should be OK to travel through NYS(not NYC). Don't make any pit stops if possible. That's a lot of state to travel through without stopping for gas.

As far as high cap mags look into the states restrictions. I think most XD's are a 10 round mag standard. I don't believe that falls into "high cap" range in most cases.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by rodder View Post
    So in a few weeks I will be traveling to vermont. I have a valid PA CCW, but I understand you don't need a permit to CC in VT. Should I even bother taking along my XD45 since I will need to travel through NYS? Even if I separate ammo from weapon and store everything in the trunk can I still get busted for the hi cap mags?

BTW, I hate NY and NJ.
    Title 18 Chapter 44 § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...0_I_20_44.html
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast