Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Talking Just Picked Up an LCP

Was looking for a carry gun (my Glock 19 is just too big for comfy carry IWB for my thin frame) and picked up an LCP last week. Now I fired it a few months ago (my brother has one) but boy did I forget that that thing kicks like a mule! It will take a lot of shots to get good with this little melon farmer. My arm is wincing with anticipation.

It sure is small though. I have a little 2 x 4 inch storage area (with a door) on my dash (2000 Outback) and she slips right in. And in the pocket it is as small as my blackberry. In fact, in a pinch, you could holster it in a blackberry holster.

Anyway, I'm going to have to take this to the range a good amount. But now I have something that will be with me 24 x 7, which is what I wanted.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Just Picked Up an LCP

Quote Originally Posted by ewrski View Post
    Was looking for a carry gun (my Glock 19 is just too big for comfy carry IWB for my thin frame) and picked up an LCP last week. Now I fired it a few months ago (my brother has one) but boy did I forget that that thing kicks like a mule! It will take a lot of shots to get good with this little melon farmer. My arm is wincing with anticipation.

It sure is small though. I have a little 2 x 4 inch storage area (with a door) on my dash (2000 Outback) and she slips right in. And in the pocket it is as small as my blackberry. In fact, in a pinch, you could holster it in a blackberry holster.

Anyway, I'm going to have to take this to the range a good amount. But now I have something that will be with me 24 x 7, which is what I wanted.
    Good Luck with your elsie! Got mine about 3 months ago......and it will take some practice.........try a bike glove on the shooting hand....can help with the kick.......I shoot my 22 pistol at the club mostly and then always put about 10 rounds thru the LCP....

Good Luck!

I shot my nephew's LCP a few weeks ago. One mag was enough for me. My pocket gun will likely be an LCR. I found it pretty easy to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    I shot my nephew's LCP a few weeks ago. One mag was enough for me. My pocket gun will likely be an LCR. I found it pretty easy to shoot.
    Different strokes.

After shooting the LCR, I pretty much ran screaming for an LCP.

I'm not completely but somewhat surprised some guys are experiencing major discomfort with the LCP. I've put 300 rounds through one in one sitting without any.

Where the LCR, one box of .38 +P and I don't even want to see the thing for like another 2 months.

I'm completely incapable of manipulating the LCR trigger correctly too. It's like a low slack, hard press roll over, low pull break. Where the LCP is pretty much low slack, moderate consistent pull - slight tight then break. For me it's way way way easier to stage to shoot accurately. Even at speed.

Since we got ours a month or so ago a bunch of our friends went out and had to get one too. So far everyone loves them. Big fan of the LCP so far.

(Philadelphia County)

I love my LCP. Don't understand the whole "kicks like a mule" thing. When I shoot it I shoot 100 rounds at a time. I only get a light throb at the end of the second box. Anywho, it's a great gun, I'm not surgical with the thing, but I'm accurate enough that I don't feel outgunned with a spare mag. I love the Nemesis holster I use for it and have no problems drawing it. Gun has a break-in though.

(Centre County)

My dad has one as his carry gun, makes a great pocket pistol. Does kick quite a bit. And as for the accuracy with the short barrel and trigger, I've heard that most defensive gun encounters occur at a distance under 7 feet. Makes sense with the PA duty to retreat first...

LCP is a great choice all-around when it comes to a small .380. I went with the Sig P238 for a number of reasons, but like I said, the LCP is a great choice. COngrats!

I'd like to try out one of those .357 LCRs....
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001
    ...You can join the "Pennsylvania Association of Pointy-Stick Owners"...

all i know is that i comfortably put 150 rounds through my TCP the first time i took it out, with no FTF. all the taurus trolls on here will jump all over me, but so be it.

generally, every comparison i've found says that the TCP is softer shooting, and aims slightly better. only neg vs. LCP is that it's a little harder to take down (but in all honesty, it's really not that freaking hard - just gotta be careful not to scratch anything).

LCP OR TCP... i think it's just mind over matter. grip it tight, own it, and let it rip. really not that bad. not a plinker, but not awful.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ewrski View Post

I think the Taurus version of this gun actually comes WITH a holster just like that(like a blackberry one) for CC

(Clarion County)

Congrats, just picked mine up tonight. I didnt buy it for plinking so I wasnt conserned about the recoil as others have mentioned. Recoil be the last thing you will think about if you have to draw on a bad guy!
    As far as makes of pocket pistols I decided to buy USA made as you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast