Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: HK fact, fiction, myths, and lore.

I shot a P30 at the range today. I wasn't going to.....but then I held it. I have never held a gun that felt so good in my hand. It was amazing.

Then I shot it

Don't get me wrong. It was accurate as all hell. And the DA pull was actually pretty nice (if you're into that kind of thing) But the reset is a mile long. Then you have to come back half a mile until the trigger engages again.

I'm a huge trigger guy. It's all about the trigger. I've shot so many nice Berettas, Sigs, H&K's, Smiths that feel amazing in my hand but have the same mediocre trigger.

Meanwhile my $500 M&P with an apex sear feels like a dream in comparison.

I can respect the robust design, and the superior ergonomics.....I just wish they'd put as much attention into the trigger as they do the rest of the gun. Give me a P30 with an M&P trigger and I'll sell all my other guns.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    I shot a P30 at the range today. I wasn't going to.....but then I held it. I have never held a gun that felt so good in my hand. It was amazing.

Then I shot it

Don't get me wrong. It was accurate as all hell. And the DA pull was actually pretty nice (if you're into that kind of thing) But the reset is a mile long. Then you have to come back half a mile until the trigger engages again.

I'm a huge trigger guy. It's all about the trigger. I've shot so many nice Berettas, Sigs, H&K's, Smiths that feel amazing in my hand but have the same mediocre trigger.

Meanwhile my $500 M&P with an apex sear feels like a dream in comparison.

I can respect the robust design, and the superior ergonomics.....I just wish they'd put as much attention into the trigger as they do the rest of the gun. Give me a P30 with an M&P trigger and I'll sell all my other guns.
    As a few other have said, a LEM trigger will be a very good replacement. I'd like to get one but Ive got some other priorities to tend to before I get around to it. Maybe come Xmas time I'll have one dropped in.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
    As a few other have said, a LEM trigger will be a very good replacement. I'd like to get one but Ive got some other priorities to tend to before I get around to it. Maybe come Xmas time I'll have one dropped in.

Can you get a variant from the factory with the LEM trigger, or is it aftermarket only?
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Can you get a variant from the factory with the LEM trigger, or is it aftermarket only?
    Yeah. I dont know the different variants off the top of my head but theres quite a few. Different triggers, sights, de-cocker, ect...

(Allegheny County)

P7M8 was the best handgun HK ever made. Ultra reliable, will even function with a broken extractor. Low bore axis, compact and easy to conceal, fully ambidextrious, with a safety system that is second to none. Only bad feature is the price.

I have owned a few USP's over the years, they were great shooting guns but excessively bulky. I also did not like their DA trigger pull as I thought it was on the heavy side.

I currently own a P7M8 and a P2000sk in 40 with LEM trigger. The P2000sk is a nice gun but I will never own more than one. It's a good shooter but for the price and performance I'll stick with Glock for my polymer needs.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
    Yeah. I dont know the different variants off the top of my head but theres quite a few. Different triggers, sights, de-cocker, ect...
    The most common variations I have seen for purchase are the V3 and the V2.

Per the HK-usa website:

P30 V2:
Like P30 V1 but with LEM trigger pull of approximately 7.3 pounds (32.5N).

P30 V3:
Conventional single action/double action (SA/DA) trigger without cocking piece in the hammer with spur and centrally located decocking button.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Anyhow, they are nice, higher end pistol for sure, but they are kind of falling behind the times. They don't upgrade their models like glock does,(4 generations of upgrades). .
    Falling behind the times !? I have a Gen 3 G19 and the P30 (which I have) SMOKES it in every aspect. What does the Gen 4 have the P30 doesnt ?
    and to the dust you shall return

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    changeable back straps would be nice, a place to mount a holographic sight would be swell(without removing the current sight), ambi safety, if it's going to have an accessory mount, make it mil standard 1913, I wouldn't have minded to have a thread protector and a beveled mag well...pretty much everything FN offers. I'm not complaining about my current H&Ks, they are neat-o and serve their purpose, just stating recommendations from my experience of having a side-arm for my occupation.

P30,P30,P30

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I don't own an HK pistol but them having a DA / SA trigger prevents me from ever trying one out. Well, that and the price.

Why would you want to change from a Glock?
    LEM trigger, prob solved

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    LEM trigger, prob solved
    P7M8=problem solved

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast