Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default RCBS Trim Pro 3-way Cutter

Picked one of these up recently and wanted to let the reloader's out there that it is well worth it. I load .223 and has it reduced the amount of time I spend on case prep. Trims, chamfers and deburrs all in one step. Comes in .20, .22, 6mm, .25, 6.5mm, .270, 7mm, .30 and .338.
    Last edited by Toxicodendron11; August 21st, 2014 at 09:40 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: RCBS Trim Pro 3-way Cutter

Well great... now you are going to make me spend even more money. There is a good quick video on youtube showing someone using this sucker with a power drill on an rcbs trim pro station... all I have to say is... AWESOME. Trimming / chamfering / deburring is my least favorite thing about reloading because it really does make my hands hurt after a short time!

Now the question is... does anyone know if this will work with lyman's trimmer? I'm wondering if the trimmer heads are universal. If so, that would mean that I wouldn't have to buy a whole new trimmer (and would cause me to buy it even faster).

(Beaver County)

Yep I have one also. Not me on youtube but I do use mine with a cordless drill set on low speed. You can get the conversion kit from RCBS that allows you to use a drill. All it is a new larger allen head bolt where the handle bolts on and a straight allen head wrench that you can chuck in your drill. About 8 bucks from rcbs but you can probly come up with the same stuff from a hardware store for under a buck if you can determine the thread pitch of the bolt that holds the handle on.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Does this replace the standard head on the RCBS Trim Pro? I am buying one of these Trim Pros but haven't got it yet. Too tired of the Lee trimming product and I want to see how well the RCBS one does.

(Bucks County)

Yes, direct replacement on the RCBS trimmer. Screw off the standard head and screw this one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa72 View Post
    Does this replace the standard head on the RCBS Trim Pro? I am buying one of these Trim Pros but haven't got it yet. Too tired of the Lee trimming product and I want to see how well the RCBS one does.