Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Just got my Fenix LD20 205 lumens AA flashlight

It's not a purpose built hand-held tactical, but i thought i'd start with this before deciding to pick up one of their tactical-specific lights.

this thing is amazing! takes 2 aa batteries. on paper it's 3X more powerful than my 4D cell maglite. out in the backyard it is also 3X more powerful.

next purchase will probably be their single AA (ld10). guy on CFP says his tests show it is almost as powerful - only hit is on run time.

anyone familiar with their non-AA lights e.g. the PD30, etc.? anyone use these for weapon mounted systems?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Just got my Fenix LD20 205 lumens AA flashlight

I have the LD10 and am completely satisfied. Quite impressive for a single AA battery. If you get one you might want to carry a spare battery around. Here's what I use...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/104...lashlight.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I have the LD10 and am completely satisfied. Quite impressive for a single AA battery. If you get one you might want to carry a spare battery around. Here's what I use...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/104...lashlight.html
    thanks for the great idea!

is the LD10 small sized appropriately to use as a handheld tactical light in a pinch (acknowledging it doesn't have a ring)? comfortable? does it get lost in your pocket?

(Allegheny County)

It's 4' long has a nice sturdy clip for pocket carry. I don't use the pouch that came with it. I carry it in my weak side pants/shorts front pocket. the clip hangs out side just like knives with clips do. Its completely comfortable. I pre set the light to what degree of brightness I want, and off I go. The only downside to carrying like this is that the only thing that goes in that pocket is my flash light. Too expensive to scratch that lens.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Northampton County)

I have the Fenix E01 that takes 1 AAA on my work keychain and it's super bright.
    Have fun......nobody's going to do it for you

(Delaware County)

I also rock an LD20 on a daily basis. Fenix makes such a high quality light. I know people that won't buy them because they aren't made in America, but, in all honesty I'm not going to pay twice what a Fenix costs for a Surefire just because it's made in the USA.

Fenix's are just as good, if not better, than Surefire in every single area.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    Fenix's are just as good, if not better, than Surefire in every single area.
    customer service/warranty

i can justify the price of a 200 dollar flashlight, as long as it lasts me 10 years

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    customer service/warranty

i can justify the price of a 200 dollar flashlight, as long as it lasts me 10 years
    Don't get me wrong, I always buy American because I think American is better. This is just one area and the warranty IS an issue where Surefire excels. Fenix's light technology surpasses Surefire. They continually keep releasing new LED's that last longer and use less battery life.

I'd still rather spend a quarter of the price you mentioned for virtually the same light. What I've put it through I have no doubt it will last me a long time.