Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default A couple PMSC questions

So I was looking around the PMSC website but I was left with a few questions:

1) What is the lighting situation? Are the rifle ranges ranges or the trap lanes light? I noticed it says the outdoor pistol range shuts down at dusk, but no mention on the other pages.

2) Does the indoor range allow Magnum cartridges?

3) How busy is it? Is there often wait times to get a spot in the range? Obviously its going to be busier on the weekends and holidays but I mean like during the week and evenings is it usually pretty desolate?

Really interested in joining just want to clear some questions up before I send in my membership stuff. I wasnt sure if I could join the PMSC member forum since Im not a member and this seemed like the next best place to ask. Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: A couple PMSC questions

It's a great club.
    Never had a problem getting a spot on the range. There's people, but I wouldn't say so busy that you can't shoot when you want to.
    I couldn't tell you about the indoor range as I haven't used it yet... I will this winter though!
    As far as I know, you should be able to shoot whatever magnum caliber you want in the outdoor ranges, unless you're shooting at the steel targets (I think there's a sign that says no magnum calibers and no rifle calibers), just so the targets don't get destroyed.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
    So I was looking around the PMSC website but I was left with a few questions:

1) What is the lighting situation? Are the rifle ranges ranges or the trap lanes light? I noticed it says the outdoor pistol range shuts down at dusk, but no mention on the other pages.

There are lights on the trap ranges and some of the IPSC bays

2) Does the indoor range allow Magnum cartridges?

As long as the velocity is below 1800 fps and 45 caliber or smaller.

3) How busy is it? Is there often wait times to get a spot in the range? Obviously its going to be busier on the weekends and holidays but I mean like during the week and evenings is it usually pretty desolate?

Depends on the range. The IPSC bays there's almost never a wait, the rifle range depends on the time of year.

Really interested in joining just want to clear some questions up before I send in my membership stuff. I wasnt sure if I could join the PMSC member forum since Im not a member and this seemed like the next best place to ask. Thanks.
    Anythings else you'd like to know?
    The activity of the mind is life. -Aristotle

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the answers! I was able to check it out at the group shoot last sunday nad a couple guys there answered some questions.