Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Tolerate Intolerance!

Event begins at 11:00 am, rain or shine.

The recent brouhaha over the proposed burning of the Qur'an got me thinking. I believe everyone has at least one thing that they abhor. Whether you or I agree with their particular opinion or not, I recognize their right to have their own opinion, and wish everyone would act boldly upon their own beliefs.

To that end, I offer an opportunity. I invite you to bring your most despised text, icon, effigy, or symbol, and I'll provide that matches. There are just a few simple guidelines:

1. Each participant will have 3 minutes to speak (if they wish) to explain their viewpoint relative to the item they have chosen to destroy.

2. Because of time considerations, actual participation will be limited to the first 20 interested persons, with 5 additional recognized as 'alternates', should 1 or more of the primaries not be in attendance.

3. In the interest of a broad application, a particular item will only be destroyed once. I don't see the point in burning 20 photos of Obama (just as an example).

4. To avoid possible violation of forum rules, items selected to be destroyed by participants will not be posted here. E-mail me (gnbrotz AT gmail DOT com) your preference and I will make a list offline. Be sure to get in quickly to make sure your first choice is still available.

Regardless of actual participation, all are welcome to attend, and are encouraged to bring friends and spread the word about this event. There are no plans for formal socialization after the event, but a meal afterward for those interested is certainly a possibility.

Event will be held on property owned by my family, and all legal methods of carry are welcomed and encouraged.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Tolerate Intolerance!

Only one?

I can think of several things that get me riled up!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Only one?

I can think of several things that get me riled up!
    No doubt, that's why I don't think there will be any problem coming up with a second (or third, or fourth) choice if the first one is already chosen by someone else.

Some of us could probably rant all day all by ourselves.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Since I already took care of this, I think I can share the tale of the only inanimate object towards which I felt rage enough to wreak violence upon.

It was either a VTech or BellSouth answering machine, brand new in the box, from Ames department store. Took it home, set it up, followed the complicated instructions to the letter, but the little spawn of Satan just was not doing what the instructions said it would do. Seemed to work, the lights came on, but after I hit Button A 3 times then paused for 2 seconds then stood on my left foot and then hit Button C thrice (once while also tapping Button B simultaneously, but only on the 2nd push), it was supposed to display "CXTRYV" in blinking red, but instead it beeped 5 times. Sometimes.

After it gave me the wrong responses for about an hour, I took that $12 POS out back and grabbed a sledge hammer on the way. Best $12 catharsis I ever got.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Since I already took care of this, I think I can share the tale of the only inanimate object towards which I felt rage enough to wreak violence upon.

It was either a VTech or BellSouth answering machine, brand new in the box, from Ames department store. Took it home, set it up, followed the complicated instructions to the letter, but the little spawn of Satan just was not doing what the instructions said it would do. Seemed to work, the lights came on, but after I hit Button A 3 times then paused for 2 seconds then stood on my left foot and then hit Button C thrice (once while also tapping Button B simultaneously, but only on the 2nd push), it was supposed to display "CXTRYV" in blinking red, but instead it beeped 5 times. Sometimes.

After it gave me the wrong responses for about an hour, I took that $12 POS out back and grabbed a sledge hammer on the way. Best $12 catharsis I ever got.
    I think you were supposed to set it up when the full moon fell on a Thursday. If you didn't, that was probably the problem.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I think you were supposed to set it up when the full moon fell on a Thursday. If you didn't, that was probably the problem.
    Either that, or there was something wrong with the eye of newt, or maybe the virgin's tears were not as advertised.

(Northampton County)

I know a dude who hates his college text books. But he has to rip out ten pages at a time before burning them in batches. It's pretty tedious.

No, it aint me, but he's a member here

I have a buckmark red dot sight I want to burn. And a bent aluminum Audi rim I paid $700 for. If it has to be a book, my recent pick is Deep Black: Sea of Terror. WTF was I thinking?

(Northampton County)

Either that, or there was something wrong with the eye of newt, or maybe the virgin's tears were not as advertised.
    There was waving of bones when you set it up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    There was waving of bones when you set it up, right?
    Isn't there some sort of list that they have for guys who do that? And some minimum distance from schools?

(Northampton County)

Isn't there some sort of list that they have for guys who do that? And some minimum distance from schools?
    Oh, Puhlease. Like virgins' tears grow on trees. You gotta wave some bones to make an omelet. Speaking of which:

...I noticed you used the singular possessive in describing the source of your tears. Anybody we know? Is it an image that's graced a milk carton recently?

j/k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast