I added a 150 foot Zombie Course over the weekend to my range that people can move through and do tactical shooting (shoot while moving). The Zombie Course is still a work in process and will easily exceed 600 feet when it is done. Right now the course is basically a 150x20 foot trench in that shape of a soft, backward "S" that is 8 feet deep in the ground.

I put up a separate webpage to with details on the Zombie Course. Visit http://www.poconotactical.com/

The range rules are that I supply the guns and ammunition... however we are putting together a special outing over at NJ Gun Forums where people would be able to bring there own guns and ammo on Sunday, Sept 26. The range fee would be $30. The goal is to get 20 people to participate and raise $600 which will be used to extend the Zombie Course. If we get the 20 people, the shootout will run from 11am to 6pm. If we get 10 people then it will run till 2pm. If only 5 people show up it will only run an hour and a half. We can have 6 people shooting at a time on the regular pistol and rifle range. When the Zombie course is running the pistol and rifle range must be closed because the opening to the Zombie Course is half way down the rifle range. Its just the way the property is set up. One shooter at a time in the Zombie course, the RSO (me) will follow the shooter down range. At the end of the range, the gun is unloaded and action opened before we walk back with muzzle up, and put it on the table locked open. Then the next shooter goes. Each shooter will be asked to bring at least two old kitchen pots to be used as targets.

Let me know what you guys think. Aside from raising money to complete the range, I will also be looking for feedback as to how to make the range better. If the shoot is successful, the next time I run the shoot the course will be 600 feet and the time after that 1000 feet.